Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
RCK MISSION: To safeguard and protect the rights and dignity of forced migrants and host communities through provision of legal aid, psychosocial support, advocacy, capacity building and promotion of inclusive governance.
- Contribute to the achievement of RCK mission by coordinating fundraising initiatives and increasing funding streams to enable RCK achieve its objectives as well as explore opportunities to ensure RCK is responsive to the changing environment. He/She will have strategic guidance from the Senior Programme Officer, and work in consultation with and with the support of relevant programme heads.
REPORTING LINES: Executive Director
Staff reporting to this post: None
- Lead RCK’s fundraising initiatives through development of project proposals, writing concept notes and project ideas.
- Work closely with the PO Research and Knowledge Management, exploiting lessons learned and achieved outcomes in developing new programmes that are attractive to donor community in refugee protection.
- Advise the Executive Director on RCK’s fundraising strategy(ies).
- Maintain complete and orderly records/database of current and potential donors.
- Support regular donor communications in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Build upon existing donor relationships and form new donor relationships on a regular basis.
- Contribute updates of fundraising events and activities for the RCK Newsletters.
- Organize or provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events for the organization.
- Leverage technology and social media where possible to improve fundraising activities by regularly monitoring websites identifying and informing donor opportunities matching the work of the organization.
- Stay abreast of fundraising good practice and legislation, ensuring compliance with the NGO Board rules and other relevant regulations.
- Support timely response to donor requests related to grants agreements, budgets and spending.
- Participate in RCK’s ongoing projects in other programmes, such as Advocacy Campaigns, Capacity Building workshops etc when called upon.
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization.
- To take part in RCK functions as may be specified from time to time and any other duties as prescribed by management
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in social science including project management, Communication, Community Development, Business Administration with experience in fundraising.
- 3 years’ hands on experience working in fundraising and grant management process in an NGO such as RCK.
- Demonstrated ability to establish new funding streams within reasonable time.
- Ability to set and accomplish goals and targets.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining accurate records including data entry, extraction, analysis, monitoring and compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders and build constructive and effective relationships.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle the administration of projects within tight timeframes and perform under pressure.
- Cross cultural sensitivity.
- Strong sense of setting priorities and objectives.
- Professionalism: In-depth theoretical knowledge of and significant experience in relevant fields of counseling, Strong analytical, problem solving and drafting skills. Discretion and sound judgment in applying legal expertise to sensitive, complex legal issues.
- Communication: Strong interpersonal and communication (written, spoken and presentational) skills. Proficiency in English and Kiswahili.
- Technology Awareness: Fully proficient computer skills and ability to use relevant software applications, in particular information databases, internet/intranet services, library sources, etc.
- Teamwork: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds with respect for diversity.
- Managing Performance: Ability to supervise, coach, mentor and develop junior staff as required.
To submit your application, send a cover letter along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary, 3 professional referees including your last supervisor and their email and telephone contacts, to be received by 5.00pm, Friday 23rd October 2020.
The Recruitment Committee
Subject Line: “Application for Project Officer-Fundraising“
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
RCK is an equal opportunity employer.