Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The University of Maryland Baltimore Global Health Initiatives through its operating arm Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Kenya implements comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs to facilitate the Kenya Ministry of Health to control the spread of HIV and rapidly scale up HIV services, institute continuous quality improvement methods as well as the M & E infrastructure necessary to support these services.
MGIC Kenya is seeking suitably qualified persons able to fill the positions below: **
Position: SOFTWARE TESTING OFFICER
Reports to: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
· Bachelors’ degree in Information/Computer sciences or equivalent from a recognized university **
· Minimum of 3 year’s working experience in software development.**
· Advanced skills in SQLite, MYSQL and Microsoft SQL Server databases and Knowledge of Cloud platform solutions.
· Excellent program testing and trouble-shooting skills, user support and training both on existing and new systems.
· Experience working with Windows, Linux based systems and ODK-X tools
· Up-to-date knowledge of software test design and testing methodologies
· Rich understanding of using Github to control software versions.
· Experience with mobile survey configuration using ODK.
· Solid understanding of health information systems such as IQCare and KenyaEMR.
· Experience with HIV case-based surveillance
Added advantage will include:
· Experience working with ODK, Kobo Toolbox, CommCare and QED ScanForm
· Knowledge on Case Based Surveillance
· An experience in a medical research organization in Software Testing Officer position
· Must have attention to detail, high levels of intuition and a good work ethic
· Ability to develop an in-depth understanding of study/system goals and its implementation.
· Willingness to learn new tools, experiment and research, document every work performed.
· Experience performing quality assurance procedures;
· Ability to work independently and in a team, with good interpersonal skills;
· Experience in managing/ensuring data quality
· Ability and willingness to learn additional skills on the job
· High qualities of public relation and able to work with little or no supervision
· Ability to create user, application and technical documentation
· Must have good organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks and meet set deadlines
Responsible for designing and configuring survey questionnaires using ODK tools
Helps in data collection, collation ,report generation
Analyze study needs and customize software solutions
Providing assistance to company staff or clients with technology-related issues
Installing and configuring new technology to be used by the company, such as hardware, operative systems, and programs or applications
Writing reports on the status of all hardware and software in the company.
Implementing and assisting on the roll out of new applications or operating systems
Troubleshooting systems and applications
Setting up profiles, emails, and issuing access passes for new employees and assisting in all password-related issues
Perform any other duty as allocated by the supervisor.
How to apply
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu on or before 13th October 2020. Applicants are advised to include the Software Testing Officer on the subject line.
The University of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.