Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Medair Support Office (GSO), Nairobi, Kenya. Up to 6 weeks of national and international travel. Kenyan or those with a valid work permit for Kenya, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
December 2020. Full time, open-ended contract.
As a key player in the HR Specialists Team, the Talent Development Advisor is responsible for shaping and implementing Medair’s Talent Development & Management strategy, to develop and retain talented employees. Responsibilities include: designing skills matrices, contributing to embedding a robust performance development and management practice and culture, building talent pipelines and succession plans, crafting an internal promotion process and a people review process.
The Talent Development Advisor leads the design and deployment of new processes, policies and tools that align with our hiring needs and organisation’s objectives.
Medair’s Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff.Medair’s global HR function supports the organisation in the implementation of world class humanitarian aid projects by ensuring that the organisation has adequate systems and structures to efficiently recruit and retain the right people. The HR function is also working on impacting Medair’s culture by creating and sustaining a work environment where our values are fully alive and staff is being cared for through a “people to people” model.
- Bachelor degree in HR, or equivalent education, MSc in HR is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written).
- 3-5 years of experience in HR position with experience in performance management procedures, sourcing and recruitment process, learning and development programme implementation.
- Talent Management or Learning and Development.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office Environment, working experience with an HRIS is a plus.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills.
- Project Management skills.
- Ability to provide coaching.
- Sensitive to intercultural teams.
- Leadership ability.