Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Council of Governors (CoG) is established under Section 19 of the Intergovernmental Relations Act 2012 with the mandate to provide a mechanism for consultation amongst County Governments, share information on performance of the counties in execution of their functions, facilitate capacity building for governors, and consider reports from other intergovernmental forums on national and county interests amongst other functions (Section 20).
For better carrying out of its mandate, the Council of Governors has an opening for an Internship position in the Records office.
2.0 Scope of Assignment
The specific duties and responsibilities will include:
1. Receive mails/letters from within and outside of the Council of Governors
2. Sort, cross reference, file correspondences and responses according to COG indexing plan and forward the same to the CEO for direction in file.
3. Dispatch all mail and maintain tracing register while ensuring adherence to the required security protocols and confidentiality
4. Maintain a structured file classification for all records for ease in retrieval and accessibility
5. Assist in the indexing of records or information for easy and quick identification and retrieval.
6. Monitor the Records Tracking System to ensure that each record can always be located when required and ensure that location of all files is known to avoid cases of missing files.
7. Create a new file for a completely new information/subject and allocate a reference number for ease in retrieval
8. Ensure proper storage and maintenance of records and files to promote longevity and ensure prompt repair or replacement of worn out files
9. Monitor access to the Records Management area to safeguard the records integrity from unauthorized access.
10. Trace files that have already been actioned on a weekly basis and file them back to the records office for easier retrieval in the future.
11. Assist in scanning of documents at the CEO’s office, renaming and sending to the secretaries for action by the CEO.
12. Assist in circulating files after action by the CEO and filing back to the Records office after action.
13. Any other duties assigned.
3.0 Reporting and Supervision
The Assignment will be task managed by the Council of Governors Administration Department, supervised by and reporting to the Records Assistant and the Director Corporate
Duration of the assignment
The internship duration is for a period of six (6) months.
4.0 Required Training and Qualifications
• Bachelor of Science in Information Sciences/ Records and Archives Management from a recognized university;
• Certificate in Computer applications.
• Digital/Electronic record keeping/management an added advantage
• Outstanding Interpersonal, analytical and communication skills;
• Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy and attention to detail;
• A high level of computer literacy and proficient in written and spoken English and Kiswahili; and
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Interested persons should send a CV including names and addresses of three referees and an Application Letter ONLY to e-mail address email@example.com on or before 5 p.m. Monday 12th October 2020, indicating the name of the position applying for in the subject on the email.