Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, QUANTITY SURVEYING (JSG 3)
Job Reference Number: V/No. 24/2020
Terms of Service; Pensionable
Work Station: NAIROBI
Job Requirements: Academic and Professional Qualifications:
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: –
- A Bachelor’s degree in Building Economics, Quantity Surveying or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Professional Membership to Institute of Quantity Surveyors of Kenya (IQSK) or any other recognized professional body with Good Standing;
- A Senior Management Course or its equivalent from a recognized institution; and
- Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Duties and Responsibilities
-Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing of cost analysis and estimates of proposed new and rehabilitation maintenance constructions.
- Reviewing tender documents (including Bills of Quantities), valuation of construction works and advising on contractual matters.
- Maintaining a register of contractors and consultants, including their qualifications and profiles.
- Maintaining files for construction and consultant contracts.
- Supervising private consultants engaged by the Judiciary.
- Implementing performance management and measurement understanding within the section.
- Reviewing accuracy of cost analysis for projects, repairs and maintenance works;
- Reviewing risk, value management, and cost control;
- Overseeing feasibility studies and project requirements;
- Coordinating estimations and costing of works;
- Costing appraisal of material and labour scheduling for all on-going projects, quality control (on basis of construction program);
- Overseeing payment claims on projects and advising on property taxation;
- Providing post-occupancy advice, facilities management services and life cycle costing advice.
- Ensuring all staff carry out their work efficiently, including ensuring that proper contracts and tendering procedures are followed within judiciary.
- Minimum nine (9) years relevant work experience;
- At least three (3) years at Middle Management level;
Job Core Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- Professional and Technical competence;
- Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- Analytical & Negotiation Skills; and
- Organizational, planning skills and Results-oriented
Closing Date 10/28/2020