Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA) -Kenya is a non-governmental, non-partisan, non-profit making organization established in 1985 with a mission to promote women’s individual and collective power to claim their rights in all spheres of life. FIDA-Kenya is a membership organization with over 1,100 women lawyers and law students committed to the creation of a society that is free from all forms of discrimination against women in Kenya.
The organization works towards addressing challenges facing women’s access to their social, political, and economic rights
The Strategic Information & Evaluation Assistant will assist the M&E Officer in designing data collection tools; conduct data collection, analysis and reporting; and follow up with project teams to ensure effective program implementation. S/he will additionally work with Programs Team to ensure efficient, accurate, and transparent data flow, with particular focus on demonstrating the impact of FIDA-Kenya programs to the beneficiaries.
- Support in development and review of relevant and quality data collection tools for quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Conduct assessments/ audits to ensure data quality, transparency, and integrity based on agreed indicators.
- Participate in the planning and conducting field data collection and monitoring exercises.
- Assist M&E Officer to track project/program results including quality, outcomes, impact, and compliance with set standards.
- Work with the program team and M&E officer to ensure monitor strengths and gaps in existing projects/ programs and services and for reporting on donor commitments.
- Incorporate feedback obtain from various monitoring activities to ensure continuous improvement of data management systems.
- Assist in the development of M&E plans for all funding proposals and ensure the same is followed up during implementation.
- Review monthly program progress reports as per the approved quarterly work plans and monthly activities schedule and provide alert to the respective program officers to avoid delays in implementation.
- Support M&E Officer to prepare M&E related reports for in line with both internal and donor reporting requirements.
- Actively participate in the development, maintenance, and dissemination of strategic program information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Information Sciences, or Statistics.
- Must have a minimum 2 years of experience in M&E and/or research preferably in an NGO sector.
- Demonstrable experience using a variety of quantitative methodologies for data analysis including analyses using statistical tools such as Ms Excel, Google Sheets, SPSS, or STAT.
- Experience in conducting program evaluations, including designing data collection tools/instruments, data visualization and presentation and successfully drafting M&E technical reports.
- Proven experience in performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, and developing M&E and/performance monitoring plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahili.
- Ability to frequently travel across the country for data collection and monitoring exercises.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria should send their applications along with an updated Curriculum Vitae, including three referees one of whom must be the current or former supervisor, also stating expected salary, and daytime contact, addressed to the undersigned to be received by 5.00 pm on Tuesday, 13th October 2020. Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Executive Director FIDA Kenya
Amboseli road, off Gitanga Road
P.O. Box 46324-00100 NAIROBI.
FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Only successful candidates will be contacted.