Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Stores Officer play an important role in inventory management and is responsible for maintaining inventories, ordering new items, placing products on shelves, pulling our expired items, keeping records of transferred merchandise, and keeping stores policies and procedures updated on an ongoing basis.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- To receive the materials supplied by the vendor as per the purchase order placed by the procurement Department.
- To check the supplies thoroughly for quality, quantity, specification, condition etc.
- To categories the supplies category wise and stock in the appropriate locations.
- To take appropriate action for care and preservation of the stock items .
- Periodical stock verification and ensure correctness of stock at all times.
- To maintain the neat and tidiness of all academy stores.
- To issue materials to the departments as per approved user requisitions .
- To pass Good received notes , Purchase invoice and other paperwork received from vendor and send this to Accounts department for payment.
- To take action for disposal of expired stock as per approved procedure.
- To maintain all stores documents up to date.
- Generate various reports and reconciliations and submit to concerned users .
- Maintaining re-order level reports and reviewing these with user departments on an ongoing basis.
- Making proposals for stores policy and controls improvements.
- Receiving and solving complaints about the services or products received and issued.
- To attend audit by the auditors.
- Any other duty assigned by the line manager from time to time.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, supply chain, inventory Management, procurement or an equivalent field
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) qualification or other qualification in Stores/inventory management
- At least 5 years’ experience in a busy stores/inventory management department
- Experience working in a learning institution will be a distinct advantage
- Hands on experience working with a stores/inventory management software/ERP. Those with sage X3 experience have added advantage
Skills and Competencies
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Organizing and prioritizing
- Proper judgement
- Excellent communication skills
- Vendor relationship skills
- Information management skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Professional integrity
- Ability to meet deadlines
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 23rd October, 2020 stating clearly on the email subject line and on your application letter reference line, which role you are applying for. Please note, only soft copy/ email applications to the address provided will be accepted. No hard copy applications will be accepted or received. Kindly include in your application copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials, certificate of good conduct, and detailed CV, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) professional referees.