Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Duration: 3Month Contract,
Salary: Competitive Based on Experience,
Our client is a fast growing internet service provider in the country. They seek to hire a well-experienced and efficient Project Manager tasked with overseeing the rollout of a Metro Fibre ring in different towns in the country.
- Develop and manage project plans for new expansion areas to support the implementation of the core network infrastructure in metro fiber and customer installations, working across multiple teams within the organisation.
- Liaise with, commission, and manage service providers and/or suppliers who may be required to support expansion efforts from time to time
- Secure necessary permits needed for building core network infrastructure in different towns in the country.
- Plan and execute logistics for implementing the core fiber infrastructure network and customer installations within a new metro region, including but not limited to the organisation of accommodation, vehicles, and commercial premises.
- Order all equipment and supplies required for metro fiber expansion, including both core network and customer installations. Coordinate with the Operations team to ensure that all stock supplied meets an acceptable standard, and ensure there are no defects and/or outages.
- Secure, source, and/or recruit technicians who can support the build of the core infrastructure network and customer installations, as well as provide on-going local technical support.
- Be responsible for ensuring that build and installation reports are completed and validated with the Technical team to ensure optimum network performance and minimal failures
- Commission all installation to org specs and ensure sign-off with all clients in regards to equipment installed and service quality achieved at installation.
- Ensure that all operations policies and procedures, including health and safety, are adhered to at all times throughout the expansion process
- Be responsible for delivering the technical implementation on time and to budget. Contribute to the expansion report to demonstrate achievement of targets.
- Be responsible for regional teams and resources such as fleet. Advise on regional expansion requirements and infrastructure deployment when required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in telecommunications, ICT, or Electrical Engineering
- Project Management Certifications required
- 5 years of relevant work/management experience, managing complex metro fibre projects
- Must have led the rollout of a metro fibre ring before in a reasonably-sized town
- Team and contractor leadership and budget oversight
- Knowledge of optical fibre networks
- Results and detail oriented with a very hands on approach
- Able to operate under high pressure with limited resources
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Ability to propose creative solutions and think outside the box where required
- Willingness and flexibility to travel for extended periods of time, and/or relocate to new regions as required.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Technical Project Manager – Telecommunication) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday 15th October 2020.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.