Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Provide support, coordination and implementation of the Procurement and Logistics functions of FilmAid Kenya.
· Receiving quotation requests from the different locations and coordinate purchases requirements from user departments;
· Sourcing of quotes from pre-qualified suppliers – based on the specifications on quotation requests received;
· Compile data contained in quotations, proposals and bids to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods /services at the best terms and lowest costs possible;
· Circulation of quotes, bids and proposal for evaluation and convene procurement meetings;
· Participate in the evaluation of quotes and selection of vendors during the procurement committee meetings;
· Take notes and circulate for review and obtain signatures from all members of the Procurement Committee and subsequent approval by the authorized official;
· Finalize purchase orders and contracts for approval by Administration Manager;
· Receive approved Purchase Requests and prepare and dispatch Local / International purchase Orders as needed and follow up to ensure timely delivery;
· Keeping track of procurement of goods and services and tenders in progress and generating status reports;
· Receiving goods/ supplies and cross checking with LPOs & ensuring all supplies received are as per PO and the proper working of equipment and signing delivery notes;
· Support to resolve issues/problems related to delivered goods, prepare and sign Return to Vendor forms for unacceptable and /or damaged goods received;
· Support the teams during the development of procurement plans;
· Maintain relevant internal database and files, keep track of any procurement contractual agreements;
· Research, maintain and present information from variety of external sources on sources of supply, vendor by community etc.
· Asset tagging of items received before issuance to the end of user and ensuring the purchased items get to the receiving office;
· Coordinate for shipping of procured items to the field location – this includes dropping of the items to the airport for dispatch in coordination with admin;
· Ensure the Nairobi office vehicles are serviced in good time – sourcing for quotes from pre-qualified suppliers and following through to ensure the service is completed;
· Coordinate the repair and maintenance of damaged assets and in collaboration with the Logistics & Asset Management Officer and the Admin Manager.
Qualification & Requirements
· Diploma in Procurement or Supply Chain Management;
· Good working knowledge of government procurement and disposal procedures and laws particularly the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005 and Regulations, 2006;
· Minimum of two years’ experience in a procurement and supplies office in a reputable organization.
· A member of a recognized procurement professional body (KISM) is an added advantage.
Skills & Competencies
· Excellent knowledge and understanding of procurement policies and processes.
· Impeccable integrity and honesty.
· Good communication both verbal and writing skills.
· Good planning, analytical and organization skills.
· Good public relations and negotiation skills
· Proficient in Ms Office applications such as Ms Excel, Ms Word and in particular.
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet goals and deadlines.
· Uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
· Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy and be willing to work long hours when required.
Must be a person who is market oriented, cost consciousness and quality mindedness.
Must be a person with excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with minimum supervision.
· A self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
How to apply
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their applications with only Cover Letter, CV and 3 references to Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 16th October, 2020. Please indicate on the subject line of you application as ‘Procurement and Logistics Assistant’.Note that applicants who send letters of references, testimonials or any other documents apart from those requested will be automatically disqualified.Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.FilmAid is an Equal Opportunity Employer.