Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Nairobi | Salary: Competitive Market Rate | Posted: 8 Oct 2020 | Closes: 15 Oct 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Kenya | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/5086074/198840
Group Personal Accident Cover
Reporting to Security Operations Center (SOC) supervisor, the Operator is responsible for the system and security status monitoring by taking action against security threats and alerts.
- Acknowledge alarms and dispatch personnel as needed
- Dispatch Security Officers to service calls and emergency situations
- Notify, assist and direct external emergency personnel and internal Emergency Response Team as necessary
- Monitor email inboxes, work order service requests and all communications devices; prioritize and process incoming information according to procedure
- Support the badging function as requested
- Ensure the Sr. Manager, Security and Safety and appropriate management is apprised of all significant and unusual events in real-time, and documentation is maintained
- Investigate incidents and create accurate and timely incident reports, escalating to the appropriate persons as necessary
- Perform audits of all operational equipment and software to ensure proper functionality
- Generate briefing reports of emerging situations based on information received
- Perform other tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as assignee
- Answering and responding to routine and emergency calls.
- Monitoring alarms and video equipment including fire, access and duress alarms, and providing general assistance to both employees and corporate staff.
- Maintaining records of communications and events.
- Assisting the Intelligence team in identifying and monitoring individuals or events of concern for our clients.
- Escalating unusual/critical event information to relevant supervisory personnel and others as designated by the bank.
- Triaging events for immediate action
- Perform Lenel Access Cards provisioning
- Dispatch and coordinate response to security incidents that occur on bank’s premises or events, using the appropriate communication methodology, including but not limited to, radio, telephone, satellite phone, email, text message, video. Response may be to medical emergencies, burglary, fire, duress alarms, travel emergencies and other events or needs
- Liaison with security & SOC managers and other key players to obtain updates and share pass down communications pertinent to access control management to field staff.
- Manage and track the authorization and access levels of the client’s contract and vendor employees
- At bank’s direction, may provide liaison with law enforcement, fire department, or industrial and civil emergency response organizations related to emergencies on Bank’s property
- Receive, evaluate and disseminate incoming information and reports from client Security personnel, Security Specialists in the field, contractors, suppliers, reporting parties, and local agencies
- Communicate out-of-the-ordinary or abnormal conditions to Bank’s Security personnel, SOC Manager, Regional Managers and Security Specialists in the field
- Operate and monitor computer workstations, alarm monitoring and access control system (Lenel) and Closed-Circuit Television; administer and maintain process control systems and databases used within the control centre
- Monitor and maintain the help tickets system related to system or warranty building items and escalate all items pertaining to critical facility spaces to the client
- Assist in coordination of service requests for after hour call transfers, access, additional security officer deployment or re-posting as requested
- Detect, classify, record and investigate incidents (re: events, activities, incoming information or intelligence) via research of access control and video review as directed by the Bank Security management
- Conduct monthly camera and door audits and remote unlock requirements
The Ideal Candidate:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Training or experience in an operations/law enforcement dispatch center preferred.
- Above average computer proficiency.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working without direct supervision.
- Comfortable working in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-ask while remaining detail oriented.
- Strong decision-making ability during emergency situations.
About the Company:
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specializing in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The group is active in more than 110 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. We specialize in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
G4S in Africa:
G4S is the largest private sector employer and largest security company in Africa, with operations in more than 30 African countries and more than 122 000 employees on the continent. In Kenya, G4S employs more than 14,000 people and we have a presence in all major urban centres within the country.