Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Responsible to: Administration and Human Resources Manager
- JOB PURPOSE
This position is located in the HR Management Unit of IPPFARO Regional Director’s Office. The Human Resources Officer will report to the Administration and Human Resources Manager.
Within delegated authority, the incumbent of the post will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provides advice and support to managers and staff on human resources related matters
- Prepares special reports and participates and/or leads special human resources projects
- Keeps abreast of developments in various areas of human resources.
Recruitment and Placement
- Identifies upcoming vacancies in coordination with ARO departments and the RD’s office;
- Prepares job openings, reviews applications under HR Assessment, and releases all eligible candidates for review;
- Participates in interviews and prepares interviews reports; serves as ex-officio for interview processes
- Maintains HR database;
- Contributes to the development of the human resources strategy;
- Reviews recommendations on the selection of candidate by client offices;
- Serves as ex-officio in examinations boards and prepares and presents cases to these bodies as necessary;
- Prepares job offers for successful candidates;
- Monitors and evaluates recruitment and placement related activities of sub offices and department and recommends changes or corrections related to procedures to these offices;
- Works in close collaboration with the office support assistant in carrying out all human resources administrative transactions including preparation of personnel actions, maintenance of staffing tables, and processing of contracts;
- Plans, organizes, develops, coordinates and administers the Young Professionals Placement Examination, Examinations and tests related to recruitment of professional, general service and other categories of staff;
- Plans, organises the internship program nationally and internationally;
- Supports cultural change and organisational development initiatives.
Provides advice on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules. Reviews and provides advice on exceptions to policies, regulation and rules;
- Administers and provides advice on salary and related benefits, travel, and other entitlements;
- Determines and recommends benefits and entitlements for staff on the basis of contractual status;
- Ensures that HR practices are in line with policies and procedures;
- Reviews policies and procedures and recommends changes as required;
- Support the recruitment and fee remuneration for consultants.
Staff Development and Career Support
- Identifies and analyzes staff development and career support needs and designs programmes to meet identified needs. Prepares monitoring reports on staff development and career support programmes;
- Designs and manages all forms of leave as per the HR handbook;
- Provides advice on mobility and career development to staff;
- Support the designs and planning of staff induction and prepares to new staff members;
- Provides performance management advice to staff. Assists supervisors and staff with understanding and using the performance appraisal system;
- Supports the assessment of training needs and support the provision of services;
- Assists in preparing policy papers, position papers and briefing notes;
- Supports the requests and obtention of visas and other protocol requirements;
- Performs other duties are requested by supervisor.
PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of human resources policies, practices and procedures and ability to apply them in an organizational setting. Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
PLANNING& ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in human resources management, business or public administration, social sciences, education or related area. A first-level university degree in combination with two years qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
3) Work Experience
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administration or related area is required.
- Experience using human resources information systems is required.
- Experience in recruitment and staff selection is required.
- Experience using organizational ERP Systems or similar systems, to conduct Human Resources transactions, including managing staffing tables, is required.
- At least three years’ experience in human resources policies, regulations and rules is required.
- Experience with post classification is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the ARO. For this post fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include assessment exercise which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
6) Other Requirements
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment.
- Willing to work outside standard office hours as required.
NB: Interested individuals should submit an application form in the IPPFARO CV format (see download link above) and a 1-page cover letter. Please note that we will not consider applications that are not done in the requested format.
Deadline for Application: 30 October 2020
“Applications are particularly encouraged from women, persons living with disability, and candidates openly living with HIV.”
IPPF has been made aware of various fraudulent vacancy announcements circulated via e-mail from websites falsely stating that they are issued by or in association with IPPF. These correspondences, which may seek to obtain money from the recipients of such correspondence are fraudulent and IPPF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).