Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an Administration Assistant to assist in the day to day activities of the Agriculture Committee.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
The assignment shall entail:
- Assist in the day to day activities of the Agriculture Committee;
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a data base for all the CECs Agriculture, Chief Officers Agriculture, Directors Agriculture;
- Assist in convening and taking minutes for the weekly Committee meetings;
- Assist in research work on contemporary issues, analysis of documents and preparation of position papers, policy briefs, and success stories the Agriculture sector;
- Assist in preparation of the Committee media briefs in conjunction with the Communication Department;
- Recording decisions and key elements of discussions at Committee meetings;
- Assist in tracking of the media reports on the Agriculture sector and developing a status update matrix on the decisions taken so far on the issues highlighted;
- Monitor the implementation of the Committee workplan;
- Assist in any responsibility related to the Committee;
- Assist in coordinating, planning and administration of the Agriculture sector functions of the Counties;
- Assist in organizing and participating in interactive Agriculture fora;
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Diploma in Business administration, Secretarial Studies, Office Management or a related field; a degree in Business administration will be an added advantage.
- Work experience in an Agribusiness set up is desirable
- A minimum of 3 years recent experience in an administrative role;
- Experience in an NGO or international organization environment will be an added advantage;
- Proven ability to respond to multiple demands and set priorities;
- Proficient in following up issues and resolution;
- Proficient in taking notes and minutes;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English;
- Proficiency in database applications and MS Office suite.
Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Terms of Appointment
This position is at job level HG 10 and it is only open to Kenyan nationals. This is a temporary position for 6 months.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal by clicking on “Apply Now” on or before 22 October 2020. The position title and reference number REF: AA/AVCD /09/2020 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.