Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Retail Kenya Full time
Maximize food profitability by supporting Operating Units (OUs) to develop and implement food offers including both local partners and in house formats.
Act as Leader in food safety across the Group supporting the OUs in achieving and maintaining high standards of hygiene
Countries in scope: All 23 operating unite in Vivo Energy
Vivo Energy Retail 2020 Sites: > 2300
- The Food non-JV Alliances Manager reports to the Head of Food.
- Number of Direct reports: All OU Food Supervisors (estimated 5 – 12 people)
- Expect close work & coordination with counterparts in the Food Team and also Sales & Marketing, Engineering, HSSE both centrally and within OUs
- Provide expertise to OUs in delivering local partner food offers inclusive of:-
- Format design
- Technical Support
- Innovation/Menu Development
- Marketing and Promotion
- Improving bottom-line
- Work with partners to develop and publish both Training and Operations manuals for all new and existing stores
- Providing structured weekly and monthly reports to central and local team, which are comprehensive in nature and on time (as per the format provided).
- Ensure non-JV partner’s adherence to all requirements across key functions namely:- Operations, Product Development, Training, Logistics and Quality Assurance
- Implementation of all/any food project related initiatives e.g. New store launch, Menu Product Development
- For when company owned food offer is to be developed, source and approve suppliers and maintain strong links with the nominated and approved suppliers; conduct formal training needs, Create and implement product and menu items in line with expected profitability and operational rationalization
- Ensure local compliance to HSSE standards, especially regarding food handling procedures, shelf life specifications, storage, handling and care of product
- Conduct market assessment, planning, and supply chain development in relation to food offers for the OUs
- Liase with OUs and external food auditors to ensure all audits are completed on time and to the correct standard
- Work with all OUs and food partners to ensure all food safety issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner
- Good understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market, and customer insights ; help develop countries’ understanding
- Significant level of collaboration and the ability to influence decisions within the sales teams, customers and suppliers
- Influencing local partners to develop food offers
- Creating internal capability to be able to execute in house formats
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams – sales, trade and shopper marketing
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in Food Services is essential
- People management and strong project management skills
- Tertiary education in Food & Beverage Management/Purchasing/Retail/Marketing/Financial Management is desirable
- Strong Knowledge and understanding of food operations and franchise management
- Strong knowledge of food safety management systems
- Strong project management skills and track record in delivering results through others
- Good understanding of developing a business operating plan and identifying strategic opportunities.
- Knowledge of market trends and competitor analysis.
- Knowledge and understanding of partner negotiations and trading terms
- Knowledge of financial planning