Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The overall purpose of this role is to grow the Sacco through efficient management; increased membership and loan book by offering affordable financial solutions to customers.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the job holder will be responsible for day to day SACCO operations including; timely preparation and submission of financial reports to facilitate effective decision making by stakeholders (management, board of directors and members); ensuring sound financial/accounting policies, procedures and controls to ensure prudent management; and control of financial resources.
- Formulating and reviewing policies, procedures and practices for the SACCO operations.
- Directing and supervising the administration and processing of loans, collection of debts and maintenance of accurate records on the same.
- Acquisition and onboarding of new clients to the SACCO.
- Marketing of the SACCO to potential clients.
- Ensuring effective management and use of SACCO financial resources and assets.
- Preparing and analysing on a quarterly basis the SACCO’s strategic business plans and annual budgets.
- Overseeing the effective administrating of staff performance.
- Coordinating external audit exercises and implementing recommendations set forth.
- Representing the SACCO in business transactions and any other transactions authorized by the Executive Committee Chairman.
- Attending Board Meetings and AGM in an advisory capacity and implementing the resolutions made.
- Co-ordinating and executing outreach services including sensitization, recruitment and training both existing and aspiring members on SACCO products and services to ensure maximum uptake.
- Communicating credit policy and other procedure manuals and ensuring adherence to the same by different stakeholders.
- Prepare and present timely and accurate monthly management reports.
- Supervise the SACCO activities to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the utilization of SACCO assets.
- Liaison with the Commissioner of Cooperatives and other Government departments.
- Co-ordinate and maintain cash limits at manageable levels to ensure smooth flow of operations at all times.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Executive Committee Chairman.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing or other related fields.
- CPA (K).
- At least 5 years work experience in SACCOs
- Ability to prepare and maintain management accounts and financial statements for the society including budget in accordance to IFRS and other accounting guidelines.
- Able to manage the Sacco Cash flows and cash flow forecast
- Good grasp of IT and Computer Skills