Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Yara East Africa Ltd is as subsidiary of Yara International ASA , a world’s leading fertilizer company and a provider of environmental solutions. Yara grows knowledge to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet, to fulfill our vision of a collaborative society, a world without hunger and a planet respected. We provide growers with key knowledge and best practices to sustainably improve their crop yields, quality, and profitability.
Yara East Africa has been in operation in Kenya for the past 24 years; importing and distributing fertilizer to farmers. Yara has also developed crop specific fertilizers (YaraMila, YaraBela, YaraLiva and YaraVita) crop programs to supply complete balanced crop nutrition for a wide range of arable, horticultural, grassland, fruit and forage crops and as well as offering capacity building programs to farmers.
Head of Finance is a position based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania as the Overall Strategic Advisor for the business and responsible for the functions of Finance and Control to ensure implementation of sound accounting, financial management, control system and procedures for the local entity.
- Management: As part of local management team, support the Country Manager within the areas of finance, accounting and controlling and implementation of the countries strategy while ensuring working capital is managed efficiently and in the most optimal manner.
- Reporting: Ensure quality and timely reporting of the financial statement, statutory and tax reporting.
- Facilitate Business Plan process and ensure quality input and timely reporting together with the Country Manager.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with Corporate Governance, Yara’s accounting principles, local IRFS/tax regulations and Yara’s ICFR (Internal Control over Financial Reporting) principles.
- Tax: Responsible for the quality of any outsourced activity (accounting, tax)
- Ensure preparation and filing of statutory reporting is performed according to local requirements.
- Collaboration: Lead and develop the Finance team in line with Yara values and performance management requirements.
- Build and develop effective working relations with all internal and external stakeholders.
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Chartered Accountant (CPA, ACCA)
- Competent in IFRS and local tax regulations.
- Working Knowledge of ERP systems (SUN,SAP)
- Minimum of 10 years working experience 5 (five) of which should be in a multinational company
- 5 years’ experience in a senior/managerial finance role within a global entity.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili languages.
- Technical Competencies—Governance, Risk and Controlling, Accounting, IFRS understanding
- Interpersonal Competencies—Relationship Management, Communication, conflict management, personal effectiveness and credibility.
- Business Competencies—Business Acumen, Critical Evaluation.
- Competent in advanced microsoft office applications.