Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Vacancy Announcement- Open to Kenyan Nationals Only
Reporting to: Protection Program Manager
Duration: 10 months’ contract with possibility of renewal subject to availability of funding and performance
HIAS Kenya is seeking to recruit a Case Worker who will be expected to contribute towards promoting and protecting the rights of persons with specific needs among the refugee community. The Case Worker will also serve as a resource and focal point for HIAS Kenya and implementing partners on technical matters related to PSNs service provision for urban refugees
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote and protect the rights of the most vulnerable refugees
- Assist in the development and implementation of the HIAS Kenya program strategy
- Research, development of training curricula and conduct presentations on a need to basis in line with the program goals and objectives
- Follow up on cases and provide refugees counseling and feedback on the status and processing of individual cases;
- Assist in preparation of project related reports.
- Assist in organization and facilitation of Community-Based activities including empowerment
- Assist in protection mainstreaming by providing insight in protection interventions for persons with disabilities.
- participation in co-ordination meetings
- Facilitate establishment of community based protection mechanism and support for the vulnerable persons with specific needs
- Ensure ongoing case management and documentation of protection violations
- Follow up on cases and provide partners and refugees counseling and feedback on the status and processing of individual cases
- Produce accurate, detailed and timely reports highlighting objectives, achievements and impact on project activities.
- Ensure weekly, monthly and quarterly reports are analyzed, compiled and submitted to the Protection Program Manager for sharing.
- Performing other duties as and when required
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Gender Studies, Community Development Studies and/or other related fields of study
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ previous job experience related to refugee protection.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with persons with disabilities
- MUST have a demonstrated understanding of key principles of community engagement
- Good knowledge of human rights doctrine
- Training and capacity building experience, particularly using participatory techniques for training related to refugee protection.
Required Skills and Competences
- Proficiency in English and Swahili
- Computer literacy is a must, with strong knowledge of Access, Excel and Word
- Ability to work in a team, maintain confidentiality and respect for diversity, uphold integrity, respect and accountability
- Self-starter with an ability to work with minimal supervision in a culturally diverse team
- Excellent Analytical, Communication and Report writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with local staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders
- Ability to maintain one’s composure while under pressure
- Knowledge of accountability to affected populations is an added advantage
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Vacancy Number HRTK/PCW/10/2020 on the subject line:
Applications not bearing this subject label will not be considered.
Closing Date: 23rd October 2020
Important: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HRTK is an equal opportunity employer, does not charge candidates for recruitment and dissociates itself from any entity defrauding candidates.