Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reference Number: DM-AD-14/10/2020
Category: Data Management and Computer Science
To work in team responsible for data capture, data quality and data analysis routines as part of a routine clinical surveillance/quality improvement project and a multicentre randomized controlled trial taking place in several hospitals in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. The incumbent will be responsible for development of an Android application integrable with an SMS randomisation platform. The post will require someone with skills in programming in Android, experience with REST APIs, experience with Java/PHP & MySQL as well as working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies. Some support for data management and optimising operating environments is also anticipated.
REPORTS TO: Project- Data Manager & Study PI
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY: None
- To design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and REST APIs
- Unit – test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the application
- Design, build and maintain high performance reusable and reliable codes
- Working in coordination with the design and testing team to develop better product with fewer bugs
- Bsc in Computer science, Information Technology or related subject
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Proven working experience in Android app development and have published at least one original Android app
- Experience with Java/PHP or MySQL
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third -party libraries and APIs
- Experience with Git
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 28TH OCTOBER 2020
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).