Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Short Term Contract of Three (3) Months with possibility of extension
The Clinical Officer’s main objective is to provide quality health care both outpatient and in-patient units through patient clerkship, diagnosis and treatment of diseases based on clinical signs and symptoms and available laboratory findings.
- Clinical assessment and prescription of treatment to all patients according to the MOH/WHO guidelines.
- To ensure that all patient registers and files are accurately filled and updated regularly.
- Maintain high standard confidentiality to all patients and treat all patients with respect and dignity.
- Conduct minor surgical procedures at the work station.
- Take a detailed patient history and updating treatment in the patient files for all patients being admitted in the wards
- Conduct and attend to ward rounds.
- Attend to medical emergencies at the hospital and the health posts.
- Attend and participate in weekly CMEs organised and conducted at the hospital boardroom.
- To supervise the medical assistants stationed at the health posts.
- Conduct on job trainings to all auxillary staff and incentive workers attached to that work station on a regular basis.
- Maintaining high quality of care provided to all patients.
- Identify the very sick and give treatment based on priority basis.
- Compile and submit reports on time.
- Ensure that universal precautions and infection prevention guidelines are adhered to.
- Attend to any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery from a recognized institution
- Registered with Clinical Officers’ Council of Kenya and possess a valid practicing license
- Minimum of 2 years working experience preferably in a refugee setting.
- Cultural and diversity sensitivity, commitment and understanding on the values of Kenya redcross Society and the principles of equal opportunities.
- Clinical experience, skills and confidence.
- Able to work and deliver under pressure and difficult environmental conditions.
- Demonstrate leadership and communication skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than so as to reach us not later than 29th October 2020;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.