Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Main Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for promoting tax literacy through the development and implementation of an effective tax education strategy.
Key Performance areas
- Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Supervision of day-to-day operations of Taxpayer Education.
- Management of Taxpayer Education Section funds, property and affairs.
- Coordinate training of staff and stakeholders on new tax administration measures.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Develop and implement tax education strategies in line with the department’s strategic plan
- Oversee dissemination sector specific tax education content to promote tax literacy in line with the corporate plan
- Develop Tax Education programmes that enhance tax literacy levels and drive voluntary compliance
- Develop/Implement Taxpayer Education programmes for learning institutions.
- Develop/Implement stakeholder and sector-based taxpayer education activities.
- Develop and implement educational programmes for professional bodies & institutions.
- Respond to general tax queries from taxpayers and other stakeholders.
- Develop and implement a cohesive content management strategy for both below the line (BTL), above the line (ATL) and digital platforms.
- Demonstrate return on investment on all campaigns.
- Development of budgets
- Implements approved budgets
- Prepares financial and budget reports
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Provides oversight for the physical assets in the department.
- Makes strategic, operational and financial decisions.
- Assign work to subordinates.
- Monitor subordinates work performance.
- Appraise/evaluate subordinates performance.
- Works predominantly within the office.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
Minimum Academic Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Commerce, Economics, Education, Marketing, Communication or related degree.
- Professional Diploma Chartered Institute of Management (CIM)
- Tax Training (Added advantage)
Membership to professional Association
- Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK) or
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) or
- Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK)
Minimum years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ work experience in similar role with at least three (3) years in management
Need to know:
- Analytical skills
- Organisational skills
- Computer proficient
- Strategic management
- Excellent editorial skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Team player-Drive collaboration across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Leadership skills
- Networking skills
- Work under pressure
- Have passion for Community education and industry awareness.
- Demonstrable ability to create- and deliver compelling, result oriented and engaging communication presentations that effectively change consumer behaviour and enhance business objectives.
- Content Development – Well skilled with demonstrable experience and leadership proficiency in the development of communication materials or lead others in developing drafts of communication materials.
- Strong conceptual and research/analytical skills – Has the ability to think strategically and rapidly analyse and integrate diverse information from varied sources into conclusions and recommendations.
- Communication Strategy, Planning, and Execution – Has moderate experience in and/or demonstrates a working or functional proficiency level sufficient to lead the planning, development, and execution of a communication strategy.
- Intuitive ability to lead and/or follow throughout the organization. A collaborative leader, with ability to work vertically and horizontally to deducted necessary information to drive brand communication.
- Highly organized. Creative and critical thinker accompanied by an innate ability to find clarity in ambiguity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and capable of interacting with all levels of management.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 28th October 2020.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.