Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB TITLE: Finance Intern
JOB TYPE: Internship
Sustainable Agricultural Information Initiative (SAII) is a regional Not for Profit development organization with over 10 years of experience in delivering agricultural development and resilience-building interventions focused on value chain development in the ASAL and other counties of Kenya. The NGO is concerned with the promotion of sustainable agricultural practices to eradicate hunger and extreme poverty by implementing innovative, enterprising and sustainable interventions that contribute to mainstreaming good agricultural practices and market-oriented approaches, generating and diversifying household incomes among smallholder farmers and enterprising youth & women enterprises, thereby contributing to the long term agenda of ensuring a food secure and a healthy nation.
SAII is currently looking for a young, enthusiastic and driven Finance Intern to assist in the Finance Department.
This unique three-month internship opportunity is for someone who has a strong interest in pursuing a career in Finance, allowing you to test your abilities and further explore your career interests. Not only does an internship provide you with a first-hand look and experience inside the Sustainable Agricultural Information Initiative (SAII), but it also gives us as a company an opportunity to further develop your skills in this field of study.
- Assist in developing and maintaining an effective filing, archiving and record keeping systems, both paper and electronic.
- Assist in making suitable and efficient travel arrangements for field staff, board members and any visitor and which may involves supporting all associated administration.
- Assist in the organization and preparation of biweekly meetings which includes preparation of biweekly reports.
- Support the Finance manager in ensuring efficient, timely and accurate recording and payment of accounts payable.
- Assist in maintaining contact lists.
- Assist in ensuring proper documentation of payment vouchers and all other supporting documents
- Assist in the thorough audit of all transactions at point of entry ensuring appropriate purchase order matching, credit terms and adherence to appropriate authorization and budget confirmation and clearance.
- Support in the effective running of daily administrative and financial activities of the organization.
The ideal and successful candidate should meet the following profile:
- Applicant must have a Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Bachelor of Commerce (Finance or Accounting specialization) with strong academic credentials.
- CPA/ACCA qualification
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a responsible way
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
Candidates who meet the requirements should send their CV and a cover letter motivating their interest in the position, detailing current and expected salary and Skype and mobile contacts by COB (29th October 2020) and follow the application instructions on the site.
Sustainable Agricultural Information Initiative (SAII), is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates, whose CVs are received into our database will be contacted