Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Farmer common sense in business. For inspiring and creative professionals with a passion for cooperatives focused on impact
We are Agriterra Kenya.
Agriterra Kenya is recruiting a:
Job Vacancy: Finance and Administration Officer – Maternity Cover
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
We are a fully owned subsidiary of Agriterra, a Dutch agri-agency that provides business development services to ambitious cooperatives and farmer organisations in developing and emerging economies.
We assist cooperatives and farmer organisations with advice and training by locally based business advisors and by deploying practitioners from the Dutch and international farmer organisations and (cooperative) companies; the so-called AgriPool experts.
We apply a three-track approach: we make cooperatives bankable and create real farmer-led companies, we improve extension services to farmer members, and we enhance farmer-government dialogues.
Our advisory practice covers the full range of services on Management & Organisation, Financial Management, Governance, Business Development, and Lobby & Advocacy.
Agriterra works from local offices in a large number of countries. We work with self-steering teams, so our employees are challenged to use every bit of determination, creativity, and strategy to achieve our compelling goals. Being a self-steering organisation makes Agriterra an inspiring and challenging environment for professional growth and development.
Agriterra has an annual turnover of approximately 15 million euros, is ISO-certified and has over 150 employees, both in the Netherlands and abroad.
For more information, visit our website http://www.agriterra.org
Job Summary: As a finance and administration officer, you will be responsible for efficient and effective running of the logistics and administrative operations of Agriterra Kenya. This includes the efficient handling of the financial and human resources administration in order to contribute to the company objectives. In order to achieve this, your attention to detail is excellent and supporting others is your second nature.
Duties – Finance
- Monitor all financial transactions for Agriterra Kenya.
- Ensure prompt payment of invoices.
- Monitor all invoices and payments to contractors to ensure compliance to contracts and reconciliation of payments vs budgets.
- Quality check all financial transactions to ensure proper coding and recording.
- Administer the staff payroll system and file all Agriterra Kenya’s statutory returns with relevant government ministries and agencies.
- With the support of the team and coordinator, develop quarterly cash flow projections for submission to the team and HQs.
- Prepare monthly/Quarterly/annually financial statements for the company, including revenues vs. expenditures and net cash positions.
- Prepare the year-end financial accounts for audit and liaise with the Auditors prior to sign-off.
- Support the team in the development and submission of country financial metrics.
- Work with the team in budget preparation for new projects/missions/events.
- Develop and run ad-hoc reports as required.
- Any other financial activities which are “in line off” the previous mentioned ones
Duties – Administration
- Organise the logistic preparations for missions, events, and client visits. This includes arranging transport and accommodation for staff and visitors and negotiating competitive rates when organising events.
- Assist the team with contract preparations and development in close coordination with the concerned business advisors and country representative
- Support in keeping the Agriterra Information Network up to date, generate needed overviews to keep the team planning on track.
- Maintain an up to date Human Resources file
- Where needed develop and maintain a good digital and manual filing system
- Responsible for the company IT resources
- Maintain an up to date record on the company insurances
- Any other administrative activities which are in line with the previous mentioned ones.
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from a reputable university and Certified Public Accountant (CPA Part II) designation.
- At least three years of work experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, grant financial management, cash management or related duties.
- Knowledge of and proven experience with financial management systems – Quickbooks
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office tools, mainly Microsoft Excel.
- Prior experience at a financial department of a non-governmental organisation or an international non-profit organisation is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, interpersonal skills, flexible, culturally sensitive.
- Willing to take up additional assignments if needed
- Open mind with a supportive/service-oriented attitude.
- Willingness to travel, sometimes to remote locations within Africa.
What we have to offer
A temporary position for five (5) months, as maternity cover, with a very high chance of permanent employment based on performance.
This job requires you to be highly self-reliant and use your pioneering skills in order to operate in dynamic international markets and in close cooperation with the agricultural business sector.
At Agriterra Kenya, the work environment is collegial and ambitious, and the focus is on achieving impact.
As a finance and administrative officer, you will be working under the direct supervision of the manager agri-advice.
The working conditions and additional benefits are good. Primarily
Are you interested?
Are you interested in this position and do you fit the profile?
Apply with a cover letter and curriculum vitae, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, with reference code AG1020 on the subject line.
The email should be addressed to Mr Daan Vreeburg, coordinator Agriterra Kenya.
If you require further information, you can also contact him by sending an e-mail.
Deadline for applications: 23rd October 2020.