Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
- This role exists to ensure treasury product transactions are executed within the established controls and standards. The role implements policies, processes and monitors service level agreements to ensure adherence and that improvements are made where necessary.
- Prepares and maintains departmental records as per records management policy.
Job Background/ Context:
- Dependence on other departments (Treasury and Marketing)
to deliver on clients’ expectation.
- Complex derivative products that could involve structured products knowledge to help in processing
- Trops transactions are high value and time sensitive in terms of delivery and subject to high penalties or interest claims in case of late or non-delivery therefore lapses could be very costly to the bank. Incumbent has to manage process risk through work organization and diligence.
- Dependence on Trops ZA to ensure timely and accurate processing of transactions.
- Dependence on systems. Most of the processing is straight through. Creates the need for close monitoring to ensure the incidences are minimized.
- Timely and accurate execution of Kenya Loans and Fixed Income transactions within the established controls and standards,
- Timely and accurate execution of SSA Loans transactions for Kenya, Uganda, DRC, Nigeria, Cameroon, Gabon and Ivory Coast.
- Ensure timely and accurate reconciliations and Minimize Value at Risk
- Timely and accurate confirmation of settlement of all FX and MM transactions.
- Timely tracking and escalation (if any) of undelivered FX and MM trades, following up for settlement and daily reporting of unpaid items to Operations Control and CRMS.
- Implementation of policies, processes and products affecting Treasury Operations
- Monitor TAT to ensure that service level agreements are adhered to and improvements are made where necessary.
- Accurate and timely Regulatory reporting to the Central Bank of Kenya
- Accuracy/timeliness maintenance of Mark to Market rates for securities.
- Responsible for execution of DFCC transfers from Central Bank to our Nostro accounts.
- Records management.
- Risk and controls processes i.e. Proofs, BSER Monitoring, Suspense Account Monitoring etc.
- Advise Citiservice, Relationship Managers and FICC on specific issues affecting customer transactions
- Protect the bank from losses emanating from errors, omissions, frauds, control lapses etc by ensuring that transactions are processed according to regulatory and policy requirements
- Ensure that all transactions are processed in compliance with local regulations as well as internal policy
- Opportunity to work in a large and complex organisation with a demanding customer base and in a challenging and changing business environment.
- Exposure to an open and multicultural working environment
- 2-3 years’ experience in banking operations.
- Knowledge of the marketplace in relation to the products dealt with.
- University degree, Minimum Upper Second class honours.
- Self-driven and Creative
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to learn fast
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- High attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Planning & Organisation
- Influencing & Persuasiveness
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Initiative and Pro-activity
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.