Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The role is responsible for supporting communication-related activities at NASCOP in collaboration with C&T Manager, NASCOP
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in close collaboration with the NASCOP Unit managers for Care and Treatment, PMTCT and prevention to identify program needs for communications and advocacy for Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Lead development a strategy/platform for QI best practices generation and sharing
- Support dissemination of the best practices via NASCOP website and other identified platforms/forums
- Lead the development of a communication and advocacy strategy targeting national and county leadership to ensure CQI Objectives are met.
- Support NASCOP to develop messaging and IEC materials targeting program priority areas identified in the QI scale up.
- Support develop/updating of communications training package to be incorporated in the overall training packages for National and County officers
- Participate in planning and execution of research for Quality Improvement, generation of report, manuscripts and abstracts
- Participate in selection of QI best practices in counties and document through videography, photography and written form.
- Provide overall guidance to NASCOP on communication and advocacy for QI
- Any other task assigned
- A degree in communication and Journalism/international public relation/health promotion with at least 10 years’ experience. Five (5) years’ experience in continuous communication in HIV program implementation will be an added advantage.
- Masters in Certified International Public Relations/ Health Promotion/Mass Communication or any another related field will be an added advantage
Skills and experience
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in communication and advocacy of HIV services/interventions and technical coordination
- Significant and up-to-date knowledge of the current HIV communication and advocacy service delivery guidelines, framework, standards and tools
- Ability to scope, map and document various program milestones and best practices
- Proven experience in establishing and sustaining working relationships with the Ministry of Health at National, County, sub-County and health providers
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, report writing, analytical and supervisory skills to inspire teamwork and motivate staff and partners to achieve results.
- Has a strong Media networks, skills in media liaison, training and monitoring.
- Is able to advice on strategic communications, development of information, education and communication (IEC) materials, editorial review of presentations and publications.
- Able to provide technical assistance in identifying, planning and executing effective communication strategies at community and at national level.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and synthesize complex technical information and consequently draft ideas and concepts in non-technical written and oral form as well as developing change communication and advocacy strategies for different programs and target communities
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and facilitating mentorship and capacity building in Quality Improvement.
- Proficiency in computer basic skills – MS Office; Internet and Editing skills as well as filming, photography and print writing
- Ability to work in a complex project implementation environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Research experience and proposal writing will be an added advantage
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 29th October 2020;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.