Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kibera Day Care Centre for the Elderly (KDCCE) was established in 1989 and is an epicentre of support and hope to older persons living the sprawling and poorest informal settlements in Kenya.
KDCCE partners with the local administration and with the 17 sub-counties in Nairobi where violence, abuse and neglect of older persons is rampant, to provide direct support to an average of 150 to 250 older persons per week at the Day-care centre, administer feeding programmes, conduct home visits to the elderly, support older persons to know and advocate for their rights and strengthens their cohesion and voice by establishing associations.
Further, KDCCE supports the bedridden due to old age and sicknesses amongst the most vulnerable older persons in the program and supports those who take care of their grandchildren.
KDCCE has partnered with HelpAge International since 1989 to date to support feeding program and adopt a granny’ programme to sponsor grannies with income generating activities and food donations.
KDCCE seeks to hire a qualified Finance Officer, to be based in the KDCCE office in Kibera.
Reporting to the Director, the position holder will be responsible for performing day to day financial accounting tasks including, processing payments, filing and document retrieval, providing data for report preparation and data input for support in budgeting, financial accounting and reporting of assigned grants.
The position holder will have close working relationships with programme and administration staff in providing financial services and support.
Specific responsibilities include:
Financial accounting and administration
- Preparation of the KDCCE’s monthly accounts for review by management.
- Ensure proper book of accounts are kept and maintaining a sound archiving (filing and retrieval) system
- Cash flow management and bank reconciliation of KDCCE’s accounts,
- Prepare cheque payments for review by the KDCCE management in compliance with financial and donor policies and regulations and with correct coding.
- Petty cash management and custody
- Preparation and prompt settlement of statutory and other payroll deductions i.e. PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, Withholding tax, HELB, Co-operative contributions, Pension etc.
- Review of Travel Expense Reports (TERs) for approval by Line Managers
- Preparation of various supporting schedules to the financial statements to facilitate annual audit
- Preparations of year end accruals and monthly reconciliation of the accruals and make journals where necessary
- Preparation of the payroll journal and monthly reconciliation of the payroll control code
- Assist KDCCE management in budget phasing and budget realignment
Grants and Contracts Management
Working closely with the management of KDCCE.
- Periodically support for review KDCCE’s financial and administrative policies and procedures, identify shortcomings and train partners in such areas.
- Prepare and submit to KDCCE management interim and final donor financial reports for review, at least one week before the due date.
- Prepare and circulate monthly monitoring (expense vs. budget) report to KDCCE management as per the set deadlines for assigned project codes.
- Promptly follow-up and make adjustments to monthly and interim donor reports based on feedback from the program managers.
- Discuss project performance with KDCCE management on a monthly basis.
- Review monthly donor reports with KDCCE management and point out areas with financial risks in line with donor conditions for the managers to take proactive corrective action.
- Any other duty assigned by management
Qualifications and experiences:
- A Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a CPA II or equivalent professional level
- Minimum of two-years’ experience preferably in an NGO setting managing donor funds
- Good working knowledge with financial systems and computer packages including word processing, spreadsheets, power point and other standard accounting systems and packages.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Pay attention to detail and firm
- Proactive, reliable and team player
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Stress tolerant
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural set-up
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are advised to send an application letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line Finance Officer.
Deadline for applications is Monday, 26th October 2020.