Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Terms of Reference: Facilitator for “Introduction to Statistics for Research “Training Workshop
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa-based international research institute committed to conducting high quality and policy-relevant multidisciplinary research.
Our researchers address critical development issues and challenges facing sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) in areas such as education, population, health, aging, urbanization, and wellbeing.
Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action, engage with policymakers in the region to disseminate our research findings, influence policy decisions, and improve the quality of life in Africa
APHRC seeks to engage a consultant to undertake curriculum development, preparation of training materials, and facilitation of an Introduction to Statistics for Research training workshop scheduled for November 23 – 27, 2020.
This course will be offered virtually. The successful candidate is expected to be present (virtually) throughout the 5-day workshop. The candidate is also expected to participate in a 2-hour Training of Trainer (ToT) session which will precede the workshop (date to be communicated)
Scope of work
- Prepare training curriculum including course materials and related resources for sharing with the Training Coordinator at least 2 weeks prior to the workshop
- Facilitate course sessions virtually during the 5-day workshop
- Be present during the workshop to serve as an expert resource to participants
- Review and provide feedback to participants during individual/group exercise and feedback sessions
- Provide a short (~ 2 pages) reflective report post-training.
Required Skills & Experience
- PhD level training in health, biostatistics, or relevant field of study
- Over 10 years’ prior experience in delivering methodological short course training, five of which specifically focused on statistics or emphasizes on the use of advanced statistical techniques
- Experience in conducting short course training targeting graduate students, post-docs, early career researchers, and/or other practicing researchers (evidence will be required)
- At least 10 publications in peer-reviewed journals and over 10 conference presentations in the area of statistics or application of statistics
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills in English
- Demonstrated experience in health research will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates to send their application documents to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org by October 27th, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons