Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Duration: 11 months Contract with possibility of renewal subject to availability of funding and performance
HIAS seeks to recruit a Payroll specialist Accountant whose main objective will be to maintain and improve compensation system of HIAS Kenya.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
· Preparation and processing of payroll for employees in the organization on a monthly basis
· Preparation and processing of monthly statutory/voluntary deductions for payment
· Maintain and review personnel timesheets on a monthly basis
· Manage organization payroll budget and expenses
· Address and resolve employee correspondence relating to the payroll system, that is the P9 Forms, Payslips, updating of voluntary deductions.
· Manage monthly payroll reconciliation
· Prepare monthly payroll allocation journal entries
· Prepare and facilitate donor verification exercises in review of payroll back -ups and vouching of supporting documents on needs basis;
· Participate in projects’ budget preparation exercises on needs basis
· Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly and mid- year donor financial reports for submission to the Head of Finance and Operations.
Skills & Competencies
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting preferred, CPA (K)
· Proven experience in a payroll position in a fast-paced environment required
· 4 to 5 years’ experience as a Payroll Specialist
· Strong knowledge of tax and wage laws
· Good understanding of the common fiscal procedures
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications
· Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills
· Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
· Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
· Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Vacancy Number HRTK/PS/10/2020 on the subject line.
Closing Date: 28th October, 2020.
Kindly indicate your expected salary.Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Late applications will not be considered.
HRTK is an equal opportunity employer, does not charge candidates for recruitment and dissociates itself from any entity defrauding candidates.