Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Financial Controller and Accountant–2011245
The Financial Controller and Accountant (FCA) provides effective and efficient support to the local management in the areas of Accounting, Planning, Reporting and Business Partnering as well as Controlling and continuous improvement projects to enable the best return on investment in the engagement with customers for the SSA Region, which contains the countries Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, Angola and Mauritius.
The FCA implements guidance from the Regional controlling team & corporate into the country and ensures an effective and efficient execution of processes.
The FCA ensures high quality and efficient processes that enable timely reporting, effective internal control tools and application of relevant internal- and external regulations in the SSA countries.
This position has no direct reports, strong interaction with the Controlling organization and Business in the Regional office (META; Middle East, Turkey, Africa) .
- Planning cycle/budget process
- Ensures proper communication of planning, deadlines, targets and other relevant data for the budget cycle to relevant stakeholders
- Business Partnering
- Implements, aligns and executes guidance from regional controlling team on (corporate) strategies and processes
- Monthly closing/supplementary reporting
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Treasury, Inventory
- Maintain knowledge, and compliance with tax regulations and requirements and keep up to date with the current tax procedures and developments
- Act as a main point of contact for external auditors during year-end audit
- Responsible for overseeing compliance and adherence to corporate SOP’s, local regulations and best practices as applicable.
- 5 years of experience in Controlling incl. systems, processes and guidelines and/or Accountant positions, preferable with Auditing experience in big 5 multinational Audit Companies
- Broad overall finance knowledge incl. accounting, tax, treasury and compliance is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics or others
- Master’s degree (MBA, MSc) would be an asset
- CPA is mandatory
- Strong functional and good business know-how, business acumen, strong technical skills in systems and tools, strong process thinking, future oriented, ability to look beyond own responsibility
- Strong analytical thinking, ability to understand and work on complex controlling, business and finance related topics
- Able to balance between accuracy, efficiency and understanding “big picture”
- Strong MS Office experience with special focus on MS Excel
- SAP experience would be preferred
- English and local language skills
- Agile, flexible, learning & sharing, able to influence and impact people and to work under pressure; team player
- All building blocks of the Finance Vision
- Able to speak the “language” of the Business Partners, strong communication skills, ability to translate concepts into concrete efficient actions
- Independent acting and constant striving for improvements
Who we are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.