Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reports to: Deputy Chief Executive Officer – Head of Banking
To drive business, develop and implement efficient and effective business acquisition, growth and retention strategies for Retail banking with a focus on products, channels, Customer value proposition and strategic partnerships to ensure that the Bank’s bottom line is enhanced.
- Deliver exceptional Retail business performance through setting strategic, short term and medium term goals and driving their implementation to achieve excellent results
- Ensure the strategic plan objectives relating to customer acquisition and retention, balance sheet growth and profitability are translated into branch business objectives.
- Develop performance measures, monitor and analyze branch performance, make recommendations for improvement to the branches and give feedback to Senior Management on the strategic direction for the branch network
- Grow the Bank’s retail business portfolio through current and saving accounts numbers and transactional volumes and other retail business revenue streams.
- Ensure that the Branches develop a carefully targeted cost efficient distribution strategy that enhances utilization of digital channels.
- Ensure all retail distribution channels achieve their budgeted income and market share in the different segments and ensure profitability of all the channels.
- Manage and drive revenue generation by identifying leads, building solid relationships and work with the partners to pursue retail business opportunities and attain business closure.
- Continually leverage effective relationships with business partners internally to identify opportunities and achieve business growth.
- Provide overall management of the branch network to ensure superior service offering to all bank customers.
- Spearhead the development of appropriate products and services to segments within the retail customers and pursue solutions to customer needs (within policies and procedures)
- Encourage team members to examine the customer’s perspective and work to continually improve business processes.
- Find new approaches across end to end business processes to deliver a full spectrum of services and create valuable, sustainable customer relationships.
- Ensure seamless and timely delivery of Retail products to customers, through ownership of the processes and spearhead innovative new products development and their periodic reviews
- Ensure a culture of risk excellence is embedded in Retail businesses and strict adherence to internal controls across the department.
- Provide guidance to the branch network for operations, sales and branch management through sharing of best practice and ensuring strict adherence to banking regulations.
- Achieve quality audit ratings/compliance across the branch network/Head office Retail units.
- Oversee rationalizing of operating costs
- Ensure proper and optimal utilization of the Human Capital within Retail Division
- Review and monitor workloads, tasks and staff productivity
- Put in place succession plans for critical roles in liaison with the Human Resource department.
- Work cross-functionally with other Head Office Business units to create synergies and maximize on cross sell opportunities and improve service delivery
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
Knowledge and Experience
- University Degree from a recognized University.
- Professional qualification in Banking will be an added advantage.
- 10 years’ experience in banking, with 5 years in a senior management role, preferably in Retail Banking
- Experience and sound understanding of Retail Banking
- Knowledge of Banking Products and ability to discern customer needs and develop appropriate products
- Knowledge of delivery channels
- Deep understanding of regulatory and legal environment
- Knowledge of Credit appraisal especially on Consumer Finance
- Ability to set appropriate targets and work towards achieving these targets to meet the overall strategy of the Bank
- Highly Professional, able to win the confidence of, and work effectively with clients and colleagues
- Honest with impeccable integrity (high ethical standards).
- Strong networking skills, both externally and within the Bank
- Strong Business acumen
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Innovative, able to initiate, accept and implement change that is good for the growth/improvement of the Bank
- Good negotiation skills
- Able to demonstrate a high level of ownership and commitment to achieving results.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent Communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and across business units and departments.