Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
This program is a collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute, the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, and other organizations and donors. It involves conducting research and programmatic support for activities related to Malaria, HIV, Tuberculosis and other diseases. Due to its continued growth, the program seeks to fill the position of a Research Scientist within Antenatal Research Collaborative (ARC) study.
Vacancy No: CGHR/136/03/20
· A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Biological Sciences, Public health or related field in health sciences from a recognized university.
· Minimum of 3- years of experience in clinical or public health research.
· Proficiency in the use of computers.
Desired Skills, Competences & Abilities
· Background knowledge and skills in clinical and/or mortality setting
· Planning and reporting skills
· Fluency in both English and Swahili, written and spoken.
· Be interested and willing to work in a mortality and antenatal research study
· Good interpersonal communication skills
· Strong leadership and excellent organizational skills
· Ability to withstand postmortem procedures
· Ability to communicate with tact, diplomacy to bereaved family members
· Ability to work in a complex multidisciplinary group, especially in MOH set-up
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and have a high standard for research ethics
Employment is a one (1) year renewable contract with probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate KEMRI salary scale depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
Applications MUST include the following:
· Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
· Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
· Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
· Copies of Certificates and Transcripts
· Contact telephone number
· A candidate must fulfill the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send in their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10th November,2020.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUESTS IMMEDIATELY