Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Intern Coxswain –Ref No: 1000/IC/05/06/07/08/2020-4 Posts
Under the supervision and mentorship of a Master Coxswain, the intern coxswain shall navigate the ferry across the designated channel in order to meet customers’ requirements that is, ferrying passengers, vehicles and goods across the channel in a scheduled time.
- Ascertain ability and soundness of the ferry through pre-sea checks;
- Steer the vessel during un-berthing or mooring;
- Pilot or navigate the ferry safely and efficiently across the channel and ensuring safety of passengers, crews, vehicles, bikes, handcarts, goods and equipment;
- Log departure and arrivals of ferry journeys and incidents;
- Communicate and respond to calls from Kenya Port Authority control tower among other stations, on the movement of inbound and out bound vessels;
- Provide directions and instructions during emergencies; and
- Disseminate relevant safety information, instructions and guidance to ferry users onboard through the Public Address System.
- Must possess a Diploma in Nautical Science or equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution;
- Bachelors in Nautical Science or equivalent from a recognized university will be an added advantage;
- Possession of a Certificate of Competency as Master (Port Operations) or its equivalent will be an added advantage;
- Possession of STCW will be an added advantage;
- Must be a Kenyan citizen aged 24 years and below; and
- Must have graduated from institutions of higher learning in the last (2) years.
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization. Applicants comprising persons living with disabilities (PWDs), those from marginalized areas, youth and women are encouraged to apply.
TERMS OF SERVICE AND REMUNERATION
All the above positions are challenging and offer attractive and competitive remuneration packages which include basic salary, house allowance, medical cover, leave travel allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government Public Service guidelines.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and should submit among other documents;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe your career objectives match the above roles, please submit your application, on or before 30th October, 2020 on our recruitment portal firstname.lastname@example.org Only applications made on the recruitment portal will be accepted.
Applications without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation/ details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Kenya Ferry Services Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.”
“Experience the Blue Economy with the Best Ferry Service.”