Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Senior Operations Officer (Coxswain)-Grade FM4: Post Ref:1000-03/2020-1 Post
Reporting to the Principal Operations Officer, the Senior Operations Officer (Coxswain) will be responsible for acting as a link between the coxswains and the senior management in providing the technical aspect of ferry operations and ensuring smooth operations of the fleet for safe crossing of ferry users.
- Participate in the development of the department’s work plan and budget;
- Participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual department reports;
- Mentor and Coach departmental staff;
- Participate in the implementation of the performance management system in the department;
- Participate in departmental meetings;
- Participate in committee meetings as appropriate;
- Coordinate movement of available ferries in operation;
- Consolidate traffic sheets and pre-sea checks for records taking and ferry performance;
- Monitor flow of traffic to ensure safe service;
- Provide a link between engineering and operation department through meetings; and
- Prepare duty rota and leave schedule for the coxswains.
- Is a holder of Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in social science/ management preferably in nautical science or maritime studies or related field from a recognized university or institution;
- Has at least five (5) years working experience for degree holders, and seven (7) years working experience for diploma holders, with at least three years served as a Master or similar role in the marine transport industry;
- Must be a holder of Certificate of Competency as Master (Port Operations) or its equivalent;
- Professional training in transport and logistics is an added advantage; and
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body.
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization. Applicants comprising persons living with disabilities (PWDs), those from marginalized areas, youth and women are encouraged to apply.
TERMS OF SERVICE AND REMUNERATION
All the above positions are challenging and offer attractive and competitive remuneration packages which include basic salary, house allowance, medical cover, leave travel allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government Public Service guidelines.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and should submit among other documents;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe your career objectives match the above roles, please submit your application, on or before 30th October, 2020 on our recruitment portal firstname.lastname@example.org Only applications made on the recruitment portal will be accepted.
Applications without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation/ details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Kenya Ferry Services Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.”
“Experience the Blue Economy with the Best Ferry Service.”