Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Safety Officer –Grade FM5-Post Ref:9000-02/2020-1 Post
Reporting to Senior Safety Officer and will be responsible for guiding, liaising, coordinating and advising the company on matters relating to safety and health at the workplace.
- Implement and enforce safety standards for safe operation of the ferry services;
- Ensure that all the safety equipment both off-shore and on-board the ferries are in safe custody and in proper working condition;
- Audit of safety equipment on-board for safety inspection for the purposes of ferry craft annual licensing;
- Investigate and make reports on accidents and inform relevant authorities and recommend necessary action to prevent recurrence of the same;
- Develop a self-regulating disaster preparedness policy; and
- Design safety information for ferry users and organize mock emergency drills for regular ferry users.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Sciences or related field from a recognised university.
- Professional diploma in safety, preferably in marine safety or related field from a recognized institution.
- Standard Training for Certification and Watch keeping (STCW)
- 3 years relevant working experience preferably in marine industry;
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization. Applicants comprising persons living with disabilities (PWDs), those from marginalized areas, youth and women are encouraged to apply.
TERMS OF SERVICE AND REMUNERATION
All the above positions are challenging and offer attractive and competitive remuneration packages which include basic salary, house allowance, medical cover, leave travel allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government Public Service guidelines.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and should submit among other documents;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe your career objectives match the above roles, please submit your application, on or before 30th October, 2020 on our recruitment portal email@example.com Only applications made on the recruitment portal will be accepted.
Applications without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation/ details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Kenya Ferry Services Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.”
“Experience the Blue Economy with the Best Ferry Service.”