Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Start Date: 01st December, 2020
Duty Station: Dandora
Duration: 3 months probationary contract, extendable based on performance
Médecins Sans Frontières France Mathare Project is looking to fill the position of a Community Health Educator. The successful candidate reports to the Mental Health Supervisor.
Objective of the Position:
The “Community Health Educator” is an important position in the youth friendly Centre. He/she will understand the available medical and social services in the centre and facilitate delivery of the social services. He/she will direct and inform the youth/adolescent on the services MSF is offering in the Centre.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver information to the youth and, their guardians on Sexual and Reproductive Health and adolescence needs, diseases and prevention and about MSF, and the services it provides.
- Identifying social needs of the youth and responding to the patient’s social needs, by giving support to cover their immediate urgent needs and/or link to other social actors
- Engage the youth through platforms provided such as social media.
- Oversee daily operations of social areas including maintaining equipment, displaying appropriate signage, and operating a computer as necessary
- Provide assistance at recreational facilities by enforcing rules, modeling positive behavior, and serving as a friend and mentor for young people also actively participate with the youth in the social activities set up such as games and provision of life skills. 6. Encourage youth to participate in activities and form healthy and providing oversight to ensure everyone is treated fairly.
- Provide education and communication to the youth during waiting hours and provide professional and social materials.
- Consolidate the link between the community, MSF services and Facility services in collaboration with the Health Promotion team.
- Under the guide of the Manager/Supervisor, assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviors observations), and report problems, successes and constraints to him/her.
- Provide patient follow up as needed and directed by the clinicians through home visits , tracing , etc
- Data collection and recording.
Community health/Social science degree/diploma
Desirable 2 years of working experience in relevant field
Previous experience in a Youth Friendly service is a plus
Previous experience with MSF is a plus
Fluency in English and Kiswahili is a must, other local languages is a plus.
Good knowledge of computer operation, Word and Excel
|Team player, Strong de-escalation skills. Punctual, flexible and committed.|
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae mentioning on the subject email line, “Community Health Educator”, to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for application: 30th October, 2020
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.