Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Start Date: 01st December, 2020
Duty Station: Dandora
Duration: 3 months probationary contract, extendable based on performance
Médecins Sans Frontières France Mathare Project is looking to fill the position of a Nurse Counsellor. The successful candidate reports to the Youth Clinic Manager.
Objective of the Position:
Provide counselling and nursing care according to protocols applied in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To provide information, counselling and treatment on reproductive health, sexuality and safety to the Adolescent and youth clients as per the MSF/ MoH guidelines.
- To provide pregnancy testing and appropriate referral for care.
- To provide information on sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) Counselling, Screening and Treatment
- To provide Post apportion care as per the MSF/MOH guidelines.
- To provide VCT and link to care.
- Provision of a comprehensive Sexual and gender Based care for survivors as per the MSF/ MoH guidelines
- Properly receive survivors and provide initial counselling.
- Evaluate the risk of the transmission of STI, prevent and treat them.
- To provide follow up sessions as per guidelines:
- To schedule patient follow up as per schedule (medical and psychosocial)
- To explore unique follow up scheduling aligned to the needs of adolescents and the youth (flexibility in time, day, mode of follow up including phone follow ups)
- To participate in any other program activities as will be required
- To take part in the different program activities as required and to provide input to the relevant departments
- To participate in ongoing education sessions, CMEs and community health activities.
Essential recognized Nursing Degree/Diploma
Desirable 2 years previous experience in sexual and reproductive health
Previous experience in a Youth Friendly service is a plus
Previous experience with MSF is a plus
Counselling skills /experience is a plus.
Fluency in English and Kiswahili is a must, other local languages is a plus.
Required good computer skills (Excel, Word) Competencies
|Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment and service|
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae mentioning on the subject email line, “Nurse Counsellor”, to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 30th October, 2020
Applications must be received by the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.