Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY, TVETA GRADE 4
Terms of Appointment Pensionable
Basic Pay 112,562 – 162,317
House Allowance 45,000
Commuter Allowance 20,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing professional leadership and technical guidance to drive the implementation of information and communication technology policies in the authority;
- Overseeing development and implementation of ict guidelines on distribution, installation, upgrade, maintenance and replacement of ict infrastructure and promote the use of cost effective ict solutions;
- Ensuring ict projects are completed within the planned time and budget and that procedures and standards are adhered to;
- Coordinating software development and training;
- Reviewing ict requirements and coordinating technical and functional improvements of the information systems in collaboration with end-users;
- Liaising with the authority staff and end-users to ensure that the various management information systems and associated software’s that operate in the authority computers, servers and networks meet their needs;
- Developing, implementing and continuously reviewing system security, back-up and recovery procedures;
- Providing standards for acquisition, implementation and management for voice, radio, video and data communications/ict networks for all offices;
- Providing advice, guidance and assistance to end users;
- Promoting the use of ict resources, tools and application of software, hardware and network services;
- Promoting the use of robust and efficient systems/processes focused on ict leverage to improve efficiency, value addition and cost reduction; and
- Overseeing ict project costing and implementation in liaison with users.
Requirements for Appointment
- Served in the grade of Senior Information Communication Technology Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years or in a comparable position in the Public Service/Private Sector;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Computer Science; Information Science; Information Technology; Business Information Technology; Information Communication Technology or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Computer Science; Information Science; Information Systems; Information Technology; Business Information Technology or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in any of the following: – Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE); Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA); Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP); Certified Database Administrator; Certified Linux Administrator; Certified Unix Administrator; Certified Security Professional or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Management Course from a recognized institution is an added advantage;
- Membership to a relevant professional body; and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
HOW TO APPLY:
Soft copy applications:
Interested persons should send their detailed application cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) ONLY. The Curriculum Vitae should include their day and evening telephone numbers, e- mail address and names and addresses of three referees. The application should reach the Director General/CEO not later than MONDAY 2ND NOVEMBER, 2020 5 P.M.
The application should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are also REQUIRED to fill the attached job application summary template and submit in soft copy (saved in MS Excel) together with their application. An example has been attached for your guidance. Kindly replace the sample with your information.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce academic certificates and testimonials as indicated on their CVs and job application summary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be expected to produce valid copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations when they appear for interview in fulfillment of the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution.
- Valid tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Valid Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) clearance certificate;
- Valid self-declaration forms from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission specific to this advertisement;
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) issued not more than one year ago from the date of this advert;
- Valid Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) clearance.
Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA) is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Persons with Disability (PWDs) and other Minority groups are encouraged to apply.