Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, LEGAL SERVICES TVETA GRADE 4
Terms of Appointment Pensionable
Basic Pay 112,562 – 162,317
House Allowance 45,000
Commuter Allowance 20,000
Duties and responsibilities
- Participate in developing, implementing and reviewing legal policies and procedures to ensure compliance;
- Advising the Authority on legal matters;
- Drawing and vetting of contracts, agreements and other legal documents;
- Ensuring proper preparation of legal reports and opinions;
- Coordinating and liaising with external lawyers on all legal matters to ensure that the Authority’s interests are taken care of;
- Undertaking legal research; and
- Monitoring compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements
Requirements for Appointment
- Have served in the grade of Senior Legal Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years or in a comparable position in the Public Service/Private Sector;
- Have Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized institution;
- Have Master’s degree in Law (LLM) or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Have Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Council of Legal Education;
- Have Valid Practicing Certificate from Law Society of Kenya;
- He an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Management Course from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Have demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
HOW TO APPLY:
Soft copy applications:
Interested persons should send their detailed application cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) ONLY. The Curriculum Vitae should include their day and evening telephone numbers, e- mail address and names and addresses of three referees. The application should reach the Director General/CEO not later than MONDAY 2ND NOVEMBER, 2020 5 P.M.
The application should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com.
Applicants are also REQUIRED to fill the attached job application summary template and submit in soft copy (saved in MS Excel) together with their application. An example has been attached for your guidance. Kindly replace the sample with your information.
Job Application Template
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce academic certificates and testimonials as indicated on their CVs and job application summary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be expected to produce valid copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations when they appear for interview in fulfillment of the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution.
- Valid tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Valid Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) clearance certificate;
- Valid self-declaration forms from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission specific to this advertisement;
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) issued not more than one year ago from the date of this advert;
- Valid Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) clearance.
Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA) is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Persons with Disability (PWDs) and other Minority groups are encouraged to apply.