Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DIRECTOR, STANDARDS DEVELOPMENT COMPLIANCE AND ENFORCEMENT, TVETA Grade 2
Terms of Appointment: 5 Year contract renewable subject to performance
Basic Pay: 179,441 – 246,579
House Allowance: 60,000
Commuter Allowance: 30,000
Extraneous Allowance: 40,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing strategic leadership in standards development and compliance enforcement;
- Overseeing development and review of tvet processes, training standards and guidelines for accreditation and compliance;
- Overseeing development of criteria and guidelines for admission to tvet training providers;
- Establishing specific occupation and/or competence standards and benchmarks for training;
- Overseeing development of training systems for formal and informal sector;
- Spearheading the process of establishing of sector skills advisory committees from key industry stakeholders to facilitate occupational standards development;
- Directing the process of introducing new or reviewing existing raining programmes in tvet providers;
- Overseeing the process of quality audit inspection for tvet providers, trainers and programmes and approving quality audit reports;
- Directing investigation of institutions identified for non-conformity with the set standards to ensure compliance;
- Liaising with the legal officer on action to be taken on non-compliant institutions;
- Overseeing the process of closure of non-compliant institutions; and
- Overseeing evaluation of annual returns from TVET training providers.
Requirements for appointment
- Served in the grade of Deputy Director, Standards Development or Deputy Director Compliance and Enforcement, for a minimum period of three (3) years or in a comparable position in the Public Service/Private Sector;
- Bachelor’s degree in Education in a TVET related field;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Engineering (Computer, Electrical, Telecommunications, Mechanical, Automotive, Electronics, Construction Plant, Civil, Agricultural, Industrial Technology, Production Technology, Instrumentation and Control); Human Resource Management; Entrepreneurship; Agriculture; Livestock Production; Animal Health; Applied and Health Sciences; Agricultural Economics; Computer Science; Information Communication Technology; Library and Information Science; Commerce; Communication; Tourism; Hospitality Management; Hotel Management; Food Technology; Home Economics; Business Administration; Business Management; Sociology; Economics; Secretarial Studies; Supply Chain Management; Psychological Counseling; and Guidance and Counseling or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution AND Post-Graduate Diploma in Education or Diploma in Technical Education from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Public policy, Mathematics, Statistics, Strategic Management, Public Administration, Project Planning and Management, Education, Engineering, Human Resource Management; Entrepreneurship; Agriculture; Applied and Health Sciences; Agricultural Economics; Computer Science; Information Technology; Library and Information Science; Commerce; Tourism; Hospitality Management; Hotel Management; Food Technology; Home Economics; Business Administration; Business Management; Sociology; Secretarial Studies; Supply Chain Management or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Leadership Course from a recognized institution;
- Membership to a relevant professional body where applicable;
- Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence and administrative capability required for effective performance of duties at this level.
HOW TO APPLY:
Soft copy applications:
Interested persons should send their detailed application cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) ONLY. The Curriculum Vitae should include their day and evening telephone numbers, e- mail address and names and addresses of three referees. The application should reach the Director General/CEO not later than MONDAY 2ND NOVEMBER, 2020 5 P.M.
The application should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are also REQUIRED to fill the attached job application summary template and submit in soft copy (saved in MS Excel) together with their application. An example has been attached for your guidance. Kindly replace the sample with your information.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce academic certificates and testimonials as indicated on their CVs and job application summary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be expected to produce valid copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations when they appear for interview in fulfillment of the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution.
- Valid tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Valid Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) clearance certificate;
- Valid self-declaration forms from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission specific to this advertisement;
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) issued not more than one year ago from the date of this advert;
- Valid Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) clearance.
Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA) is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Persons with Disability (PWDs) and other Minority groups are encouraged to apply.