Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
HR Business Partner–2011662
- The first HR interface to the customer; including Functional Heads, line managers and employees in the SSA Region, which contains the countries Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, Angola and Mauritius.
- Implements and maintains effective HR strategies & practices in the areas of performance & talent management, training, OD, leadership development and recruitment process in alignment with META (Middle East, Turkey, Africa) center.
- Implements standards, defines guidelines for human resources operations, and provides effective support to all departments/functions in the SSA countries.
- Plans, organizes, and implement all human resources activities including benefits, compensation, talent acquisition, organizational development, employee relations, operations, and others relative to the countries, business/functional unit.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. HR Operations:
Liaise with the business to set short-term local HR priorities and operating plans based on defined guidelines/ methods from META Center.
Has responsibility for establishing and enforcing policies & procedures relative to the HR function in the SSA countries.
Utilizes resources across work areas and departments in SSA countries.
2. Talent Acquisition:
Partners with hiring managers and the talent acquisition team for the recruitment of mid-management and other positions.
Prepares salary proposals in line BI policies & SOPs.
3. Policies & Procedures:
Ensure that local policies and procedures are compliant to local employment law and regulations in addition to global BI Values, policies and guidelines.
Ensure that all policies are upheld and complied to, and that processes are implemented as appropriate and in line with BI Code of Conduct.
4. Budgeting and Cost Management:
Works with the META Center for managing headcounts and manpower cost during LTF (long term forecast) & Outlook in coordination with payroll specialist
5. Performance Management:
Guide line managers and employees on the Performance Management Process, ensuring their proper understanding and expectations of the process through the performance management.
6. Talent Development:
Ensure that the learning and development programs are in line with the overall business/functions’ human resource objectives and goals
Guide and support line managers for the TDD Discussions & follow up for key talent and key job positions with Department Head and L&D
Identify and support in preparing development plans for employees and high potential talent.
Partners with L&D for guidance and relevant programs to support/refresh talent development and business objectives.
7. Compensation and Benefits:
Support line managers in the annual CP cycle as per C&B guidelines.
Ensure internal equity and accuracy for salary proposals of new employees, promotions, and annual reviews.
8. HR Projects:
Supports HR COE and Shared Services with HR projects related to company benefits, performance management, talent development and any corporate or local projects and initiatives.
Responsible for communication and application of new HR projects/initiatives to employees and managers.
- A Bachelor level university degree is required.
- Minimum 2 years of HR Business Partner experience, preferably with multiple industries background such as FMCG, Pharmaceutical, Health Care.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of relevant working experience is required.
- Fluency in English and local language.
- General knowledge and experience in the human resources field with emphasis on talent acquisition, training & employee development, performance and talent management, employee relations, corporate culture.
- Experience in multi-disciplinary projects and corresponding change management.
- General business acumen, good understanding of financial impact derived from HR decision/policies, understanding of complex business issues and strategies.
- Communication strategy and messaging skills.
- Ability to build partnerships with internal management & staff and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience in managing the resolution of critical individual HR cases.
- Logical, persuasiveness and able for strong stands to management on HRM principles as when required.
Who we are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.