Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The job holder is accountable to achieve the development, implementation, and monitoring of CBM’s programme work in the Africa East and South region, within the framework of CBM’s current strategy and related operational procedures. Specifically, the job holder will oversee programme development and portfolio management in collaboration with Fundraising and Technical Initiative teams on project development. Engaging with and supervising the regional programme teams, the job holder is also expected to oversee and provide technical guidance on all programme components not limited to delivery of programmes, partnership management, capacity development, quality reporting, and other regional projects and humanitarian programmes. The job holder is also responsible for regional level advocacy, alliance-building and networking. Finally, the position holder is expected actively participate in the Regional Senior Management team.
- Programme Planning, Management and Implementation
- Provide leadership and support to the country offices in the development of strategic plans for all programs in the region, towards achieving the objectives of the Regional programme priorities;
- Oversee implementation of regional projects
- Overall responsibility for programme reporting and programme risk management;
- Ensure quality implementation of all projects in AFES
- Ensure learning is documented by the programme team in the most effective way demonstrating value for money.
- Assist Country teams in the development and implementation of multi-year plans and application of IPCM principles;
- Drive the further review and development of the AFES Regional Programme Plan;
- Working closely with the programme units to ensure quality and timely program reviews, monitoring, evaluation, program earning and reporting is undertaken
- Provide backstopping for all programmatic opportunities and challenges at the Programmes Department
- Lead the development and implementation of country-specific guidelines for the management of programmes and partnerships in line with CBM standards
- Ensure consistency, quality, strategic focus, and growth of the programmatic work in AFES;
- Advise the development of the design and implementation of new Country Plans in AFES.
- Develop strategies and ensure implementation following the roll-out of RO Partner Assessments with all future (and current) partners
- Fund Raising & Donor Relationship Management
- Support the Country Director, in developing and managing relationship within country donors.
- Lead on development of programme ideas into quality grant proposals through a community based, participatory approach.
- Collaborate with Initiatives and Fundraising Units to respond to potential funding opportunities in the region;
- Participate in key programme projects related to complaint Mechanisms, critical incident reporting and management
- Monitor regional calls for proposals from institutional donors and builds focused relationships with representatives of potential regionally based donors.
- Networking and knowledge sharing
- Support Program Managers to strengthen networks in the CBM’s regional collaboration areas.
- Participate in strategic programme-related networks and alliances, representing the organization in these knowledge sharing and learning forums, document and share feedback with the team
- Financial Management
- Proactively engage with members of CBM Initiatives and other programme teams for effective resource allocation for programme initiatives in the region and efficient utilization of resources allocated to partner projects
- Monitor and advise on programme and project spending and variance report as per organizational process and procedures.
- Review and recommend programme concepts;
- Advocacy, technical advice & representation (where relevant)
- Ensure alignment of disability inclusion and advocacy work at country level with regional and global engagement where relevant.
- Engage with regional alliances and work with regional and international civil society, agencies, NGOs and in particular DPOs to define and support regional advocacy priorities.
- Staff line management
- Relevant academic Master’s degree e.g. development studies, project management, business administration, social sciences;
- At least 10 years’ experience in the development sector; with a track record in successfully managing institutionally funded projects, including consortium led projects, in collaboration with partners;
- At least 5 years’ experience in senior/ relevant programme management positions;
- Excellent knowledge of international mainstream development as well as disability and development-related discussions and trends;
- The ability to develop medium and long term strategies with regard to project portfolio development;
- Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and partnerships with a clear vision of participatory approaches, sustainability and partner capacity development;
- Experience in working with various government/bi-lateral/major institutional donors.
- Proven good organizational and coordination skills as well as a high level of autonomy and flexibility;
- Proven record of accomplishment of effective contribution as a member of a management team.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and work styles to execute development and training activities at a high level in a fluid work environment.
- Ability to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions and personal background;
- Strong analytical, organizational, facilitation and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration and team building skills;
- Experience of working with persons with disabilities or promoting disability rights a distinct advantage;
- Willingness to travel occasionally within the region, when required.
- Willingness to adhere and commit to CBM values and Safeguarding Policy
How to Apply
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 4 November 2020
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who meet the qualifications to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at http://www.cbm.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.