Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
POSITION: Programs Director and Project Director
REPORTING TO: Executive Director
LOCATION: NAIROBI with frequent travel countrywide
LVCT health has been implementing CDC PEPFAR funded HIV prevention projects in Kisumu, Migori, Kisii and Homa bay counties and Nairobi/Kiambu counties. The projects involve delivering comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions for key populations and priority populations. LVCT Health has recently began implementing a CDC funded comprehensive TB/HIV prevention and treatment project in Kenya Prisons Services (KPS) across the country.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Programs Director will also double up as the Project Director for the KPS project. The program director will be responsible for implementing the technical components of the vision and strategy, management and accountability for HIV and GBV programs and strategic information/M&E in LVCT health. As director of the KPS project, the director will serve as the sub-PI of the grant working closely with the PI to ensure adherence to technical and contractual requirements of the grant and project alignment to institutional vision and mission, KPS, MOH and donor objectives and requirements.
The Program Director will be responsible for ensuring integration of activities and technical quality of program approaches, coordinating staff and partner roles, setting performance expectations, and ensuring program deliverables and milestones are met while ensuring operational efficiency. He/she will serve as a donor focal point for assigned budgets ensuring compliance, delivery and timely reporting. The Program Director will work closely with the ED to identify and maintain strategic relationships, maintaining visibility and generate resources for the organization
Required Skills & Qualifications
- MBCHB/MD with master’s degree in Public Health/Social Sciences, MBA or a related field
- At least eight(8) years’ senior level experience in managing complex public health programs of similar scope and size.
- At least ten years of demonstrated technical experience in at least two of the following areas TB, HIV, health systems strengthening, organizational systems strengthening, M&E or operational research. Experience in senior positions in HIV/AIDS in Kenya will be an added advantage.
- At least five years’ experience in program management and administration, financial management, award contractual compliance, sub award management and tracking project performance and costs via specific funding streams.
- Professional-level proficiency/fluency in both oral and written English language.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships, create synergies and work effectively with PEPFAR/CDC, other donors, government representatives, NGOs, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, and other stakeholders,
- Strong management skills, strategic,visionary, leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, communication, as well as written and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the project description
- Demonstrated knowledge of PEPFAR administrative, project management and reporting procedures and systems along with strategic program planning, including PEPFAR rules, regulations, budgeting expertise and reporting requirements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications, copies of Certificates and CV along with contacts of three referees, Salary history and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position applied for and reference number. Applications should reach us NOT later than October31, 2020
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
LVCT Health is an equal opportunity employer
LVCT Health DOES NOT CHARGE any fee whatsoever in any part of the recruitment process