Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reports to: County Coordinator
Direct reports: None
Contract Details: Six (6) Months. Renewable Subject to Availability of Funds & Performance.
The Agricultural Extension Officer is responsible for planning and implementing of food security and livelihood program in adherence with RACIDA and donor guidelines and standards. He/she will be based in Wajir County. The Agricultural Extension Officer will be reporting to the County Coordinator in Wajir County.
- Provide relevant training and skills development to Agro-pastoral farmers on high value crop production and on-farm water management.
- Lead stakeholder dialogue and consultation meetings with project communities
- Coordinate the production of high value crops and scaling of successful approaches
- Provide agriculture extension service support to focal farming households
- Support the development of increased market linkages for focal farming households
- Coordinate and liaise with other stakeholders in the project implementation
- Advise farmers to adopt best farming practices
- Represent RACIDA in the cluster/donor meetings
- Review facilitation/training manuals on key topic areas covered under the project to ensure they are addressing the Agro-pastoral needs
- Provide assessments and analyses on improving crop production and project outcomes for the target project areas
- Coordinate monitoring visits with established community structures in the project areas
- Coordinate with other organizations in the same location to ensure no duplication of efforts.
- Coordinate and lead needs assessments in project target areas.
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in either Agriculture or Food Technology or Agriculture & Home Economics or Agricultural Education & Horticulture or Agronomist or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have at least more three (3) years’ experience in the relevant field;
- Experience on similar projects in Wajir or ASAL areas of Kenya.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office packages including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Good spoken Somali and spoken and written English preferably.
- A strong understanding of the socio-cultural and political context in Wajir
- Able to operate effectively and to gain trust in politically sensitive environments.
- Welcomes and values diversity, and contributes to an inclusive working environment
- where differences are acknowledged and respected.
- Commitment to and understanding of RACIDA ’s vision, mission, and values. Preference will be given to applicants that satisfy this criterion.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. with 3 referees
Deadline: Monday 2nd, November 2020