Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
This is a learning opportunity and the holder will work as part of the AWF HQ, Conservation Strategy, Knowledge Management and Impact team of the African Wildlife Foundation to support a culture and practice of reliable planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting (M&E) in AWF.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Senior Manager: Knowledge Management, this position will, be updating the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) component of the AWF Project Management System, support the development of tools for building the capacity of AWF staff and partners in M&E, and promoting M&E knowledge transfer internally and externally to AWF. This is an exciting and dynamic short-term role for the right individual who is eager to learn and ensure that M&E concepts and capacity building effectively serve AWF staff, partners & the intern by adhering to AWF guidelines and policies.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Under the guidance and tutorage of the Senior Manager: Knowledge the intern will perform the following tasks
Contribute to setting up the Project Management System
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of reliable, secondary data sources of key statistics to contribute to MEL, and to reduce the use of time and resources in primary data collection, as well as the negative impact (assessment fatigue).
- Support the Senior Officer: MEL to develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on project/program design, monitoring and evaluation concepts, skills and tools and any computer-based solutions that may be required within AWF landscapes.
- Collaborate with the teams to troubleshoot the operationalization of the MEL system and to ensure that it is timely updated.
- Ensure that the project management information system is fully up-to-date and alerts teams on any gaps.
- Conduct desktop Research, abstracting, and encoding to update MEL documents for internal learning;
Provide administrative support to the MEL team’s knowledge development needs.
Support implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning
- Work with Senior Manager: Knowledge Management to routinely perform quality assurance and control checks of MEAL component of the PM System,
- Maintain an up to date MEAL calendar for the team with clear dates of MEAL events within AWF,
- Send invitations to AWF staff for learning events such as the BAOBAB Baraza, Communities of Practice (CoPs) meetings and any other meetings within the unit and update with respect to all presenters and prepare all learning reports/ notes.
- Support the preparation, implementation and reporting of field monitoring activities for tracking of program implementation, feedbacking and/or validation of technical reports
- Play an important role in the review of progress reports and ensure they are evidence based.
- Champion the utilization of the collaborative, learning and adaptation approach to continually assess project performances to inform project management for decision-making.
- Ensure that mechanisms to ensure the accuracy of monitoring reports (from data gathering, monitoring and reporting templates and forms, analysis and reporting) are used by the end-users
- Work with Senior Manager: Knowledge Management to compile and communicate to AWF teams on lessons learned from landscape program/project M&E to improve quality of programming. This includes liaison with internal and external organizations to identify and distribute good M&E practices in M&E and contribute to knowledge sharing.
Communication of MEAL Outcomes
- Apply MEAL guidelines to document innovative MEAL practices;
- Assist with review and dissemination of these best practices to relevant audiences;
- Work with the field communications manager to design and compile digital stories for learning
- Participate in quality control for various reports: validation of data in reports against the data before compilation by teams
- Assist in data quality control check on routine monitoring data within the AWF Project Management System.
Research, Assessments, Surveys and Evaluation
- Assist in conducting initial desk research, data gathering, and analysis for strategy performance;
- Contributing inputs to design and methodology selection for various ad hoc studies;
- Participating in, and helping organize, consultations with stakeholders including documentation
- Bachelors’ Degree in a social science, including Monitoring & Evaluation, Community Development, Economics, Development Studies, Statistics, Economics, Natural Resource management or any related field.
- Basic competency and experience in the design and implementation of MEAL in development/ conservation organizations.
- Knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft Office productivity tools.
- Experience in designing research tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports; database management.
- Experience learning in a conservation setting is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Very good people skills, flexible, organized and systematic, resourceful and creative, attention to details, team player, can work with minimum supervision and self-driven
- Above average presentation, facilitation and training skills.
- Interest and motivation in working in an international NGO;
- Good analytical skills in gathering and consolidating data and research for practical implementation;
- Outgoing and initiative-taking person with a goal-oriented mind-set;
- Communicates effectively when working in teams and independently;
- Good in organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.