Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgement of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services, SafeCare level 5 accreditation and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the position listed below:
Resident Consultant – Anaesthesiologist
Vacancy no: AKHK/MDA/002
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Head of Department the successful candidate will be responsible for efficient delivery of anesthesiology services to patients, mentoring junior doctors, assisting with critical patients in the ACU among others.
- Planning anesthesia services through thorough review of patients pre, intra and post operatively
- Giving anesthesia
- Responding to emergencies that require the input of an anesthesiologist
- Sharing on-call responsibilities in anesthesia
- Being part of the team that looks after critical patients in acute care unit
- Teaching and mentoring of junior Doctors
Requirements and Experience
- Master’s Degree of Medicine in Anesthesia from a University recognized in Kenya
- Bachelor’s degree of anesthesia and ICU or Medicine & Surgery
- Minimum 2 years work experience as an anesthesiologist
- Specialist Recognition as an anesthesiologist desirable
Skills and Competencies
- Good communication skills.
- Be flexible and result oriented.
- Be ardent scientist with good clinical judgement
- Have a good understanding of quality processes within the department of anesthesiology
- Be in good standing with the Medical Board
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and vacancy number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to email@example.com on or before 30th October 2020.
The email subject line MUST include position title and Vacancy number being applied for e.g. “HEAD OF FINANCE AKHK/FIN/001”
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, medical examination or any fee)
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”