Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Executive Assistant to Regional Director & Admin Officer (Africa)
BirdLife International is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced individual for the position of Executive Assistant to Regional Director & Admin Officer. The main responsibilities will be to:
• Ensure effective management of the Regional Director’s schedule and Office, including supporting the governance, communications and management of strategic alliances
• Provide administration support to the BirdLife Secretariat in Africa; and
• Support the administration components of the Strong High Sea project.
Main roles and activities:
• Manage appointments, emails and travel for Regional Director
• Serve as first responder for the Regional Director, act appropriately on his behalf by responding to requests and monitoring deadlines
• Maintain the Partnership contact data and internal distribution lists
• Prepare briefing papers, reports, advocacy materials and presentations, and take minutes at Partnership and Board meetings
• Support the recruitment of new BirdLife Partner
• Ensure effective and efficient management use and maintenance of office facilities and equipment across the BirdLife Africa Offices
• Support in the management and selection of vendors, purchase of equipment, services, and manage. contracts and database of service providers
• Support the effective management of the legal and risk function, ensuring offices and staff are compliant with national laws and BirdLife procedures
• Manage and maintain the current filing and database system, and look for ways to improve current systems
• Support and track implementation of project activities
• Coordinate timely submission of project narrative and financial report
• Organise project events
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
• Relevant qualification in Business Administration, Secretarial & Administrative skills, including minute taking
• Diplomacy, good writing skills, good interpersonal communications, monitoring and evaluation
• Proven track record in a senior secretarial or business support role
• Experience of project planning and coordination
• Proactive and pre-emptive approach
• Organised, with the ability to keep track of a wide variety of tasks
• Ability to work under pressure, with minimum supervision
• Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbal and written
• Tact and diplomacy, and the ability to influence
• Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
• People oriented and able to interact with a wide diversity of people
• Flexibility when working with other colleagues
See the full job description.
Application deadline: 30 October 2020
The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Salary & benefits:
Commensurate with experience and qualifications and in accordance with BirdLife International, Africa Division terms and conditions.
• Gross monthly salary: Kshs. 170,000 – 200,000
• Length/duration of this position: 2 years
• Working hours: Full time 40 hours per week
• Date when the job expected to start: 01 December 2020
Applications, including a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and names and contact addresses of three referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity, should be sent via email before the deadline to: email@example.com
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.