Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
Internet Solutions (IS) is a Pan-African telecoms service provider to public and private sector organisations that have, or want to establish a presence on the African continent. We have been providing innovative end-to-end telco solutions and related services for more than 20 years.
Today, IS is at the forefront of Internet Protocol-based technologies and we build solutions and services tailored to the increasingly complex demands of organisations across the enterprise, public sector, global carrier and growing small-to-medium business sectors. We serve multiple sectors through a number of brands, including IS, Ignite, VAST, ContinuitySA, MWEB, AlwaysOn, Synaq and Antfarm.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dimension Data Group and part of NTT, IS leverages its infrastructure and global footprint to support organisations with the rapid deployment of emerging technologies.
Want to be part of our team?
The Cyber Security Operations Support opening is a role with responsibilities for data aggregation and correlation of all cyber events from various network sensors, continuous monitoring tools, system and audit logs, and other alerting and reporting systems into a SIEM platform to provide notification of cyber activity. This includes but is not limited to providing real-time analysis of security alerts generated by applications and network hardware. The Cyber Security Operations Support role will support SOC personnel in conducting incident response and reporting. The analyst will incorporate cyber threat data and provide mitigation strategies, security controls, and process improvements to continuously enhance the network defense status.
What you’ll be doing
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continuously reviews the most recent SIEM alerts to assess relevance and urgency.
- Reviews daily reports from the SIEM for triage.
- Conducts deep investigations of alarms triggered and/or suspicious behaviors detected for an incident reported by the SIEM and/or SOAR
- Creates/recommends and implements/participates in a strategy for containment and recovery.
- Adds context to the incident data to understand and determine the root cause by analyzing data from multiple tools and data sources.
- Participates in crisis management by providing support to the incident handler and TIC analysts.
- Creates reports and visualizations of security attacks while tracking occurrence trends of both MSSP and tenant modes.
- Works on decreasing false positives.
- Participates in the improvement plan for service efficiency and detection rules and maintains the detection rule database.
- Participates in baselining activities with the customer as a technical reference.
- Provides recommendations or workarounds on threats to the customer for the purposes of reducing business impact.
- Supports the TIC manager by providing incident and TIC metric reports.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- MBA in information systems is an added advantage
- Demonstrable experience of security related incidents and work requests
- Knowledge of SIEM toolsets, firewalls, proxies, antivirus and IDPS concepts
- Knowledge of Intrusion Detection Systems
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them
- Familiar with methods for ethical security hacking/penetration testing
- Familiar with the tools and techniques used by hackers Experience of working within a change control and incident management environment Detailed internet, networking, and computer knowledge
- Experienced intrusion detection and vulnerability analysis.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS:
- Self-driven and result oriented
- Strong customer support and client relation skills
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong focus on building relationships (internal and external)
- Willingness to learn new things and share them with others
- Team player
- Confident and decisive
- Strong Problem solving/analytical skills
- People and change management coupled with commercial knowledge and process development
What would make you a good fit for this role?
Standard career level descriptor for job level:
• Seasoned and experienced professional• Has full understanding of specialisation area• Resolves wide range of issues in creative ways• Fully qualified, career level, career journey-orientated• Uses good judgement in selecting tools and methods to solve problems• Networks with senior internal and external people in own area of expertise• Receives little instruction on day-to-day work, receives general instructions on new assignments.• Typically requires demonstrable related experience with a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree; or moderate level experience and a Master’s or equivalent degree; or a PhD or equivalent degree without experience; or equivalent work experience
Looking to make a difference and shape the future? Join our growing team and accelerate your career with Internet Solutions. Apply today
Diversity in Internet Solutions
Internet Solutions is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary group