Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Switch TV, an engaging, positive and progressive national general entertainment channel for young adults with the vision to expand internationally is recruiting. The Vision of Switch TV is to be the most influential platform for educating and empowering the youth to solve humanitarian issues in Kenya, in Africa and the whole world. Established in 2017 we plan to operate a valuable portfolio of news, info and edutainment networks, significant television production operations.
Switch TV is fully owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS).
Position Title: Web Developer
Reporting to: Digital & Software Development Manager
Job Location: Nairobi
Reporting to the Digital and Software Development Manager, the Web developer will ensure delivery of complete end to end software solutions that deliver the best customer experience.
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Creating web applications in ASP.NET using standard practices.
- Integrating data from various back-end services and databases
- Responsive website development
- Client support (Features and functionality)
- Collaborating with front-end developers.
- Write scalable, maintainable, and reusable code
- Provide quality assurance control and cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility on all projects
- Develops, tests, documents, and implements high quality websites and applications on time that perform according to specifications and requirements documents
- Ability to work well in a team environment, active contribution to team issues, support of team members and sharing of relevant information.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar.
- Previous 3+ years’ experience as a Developer.
- Extensive working knowledge of coding using .NET languages (Preferably C#).
- Familiarity with the .NET framework and MS SQL Server.
- Responsive frameworks such as Foundation or Bootstrap.
- Git version control.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Personable, enthusiastic, a strong communicator, and are detail oriented.
- Enjoys solving problems and providing the best possible solutions.
- Strong decision-making and strategic planning skills.
- Enjoys designing and developing modern-looking and highly effective web pages and content.
- Enjoys staying current with new technology.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers , so as to reach us not later than Thursday 29th October 2020. Interviews are being conducted on a daily basis for the shortlisted candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: Switch Tv is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.