Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Standard Group PLC is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital & online services, as well as outdoor advertising. The Standard Group PLC is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key influence in matters of national and international interest. Our various media platforms include: The Standard Newspaper, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, The Nairobian Weekly Newspaper, Think Outdoor (billboard advertising), Standard Digital, Farmers TV, BTV, Spice FM and Vybez Radio. As part of strengthening our operations. The Standard Group PLC is looking for smart, creative and ambitious professionals to fill in the positions below.
MARKETING CREATIVE COPY WRITER
Overall Purpose of the Job
Reporting to a Brand Manager , the Marketing Creative Copy Writer will be responsible for writing and editing copy for a variety of projects (including print, web, mobile, video, and social media), working closely with the Brand Managers and design teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging.
- Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creative concepts through execution on assigned brands
- Research and understand the brand’s needs and target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, and in person meetings
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of brand marketing and communications materials
- Collaborate with a team of brand and product managers and creative staff from concept development to delivery of final product
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team, , and participate in client product team pitches on occasion
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
- Drive brand consistency across all company communications
- Develop and implement brand guidelines
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and brand-related industry trends o Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- A university degree in journalism, English, communications, or related discipline from a recognized institution
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro Experience
- Minimum 4-5 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- Social media or content marketing experience a plus
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
- Experience working with content management systems, WordPress, etc.
Skills and Attributes
- Exceptional writing and research skill
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, please apply not later than Friday, 30th October 2020 to: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment/
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
WE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE FOR THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS