Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Standard Group PLC is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital & online services, as well as outdoor advertising. The Standard Group PLC is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key influence in matters of national and international interest. Our various media platforms include: The Standard Newspaper, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, The Nairobian Weekly Newspaper, Think Outdoor (billboard advertising), Standard Digital, Farmers TV, BTV, Spice FM and Vybez Radio. As part of strengthening our operations. The Standard Group PLC is looking for smart, creative and ambitious professionals to fill in the positions below.
SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
Overall Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Social Media Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of our social media marketing operations with the central goal of helping grow our brand’s presence and influence online while also increasing brand loyalty and awareness.
- Build and execute social media strategy through research, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification
- Write, develop, and strategize online content production and scheduling
- Assist with crisis management, bad reviews, and negative news communications
- Generate, edit, publish, and share content daily (original text, images, video, and HTML)Build meaningful connections and encourage community members through dialog and messaging
- Create and maintain company social media pages and profiles.
- Moderate user-generated content and messages appropriately, based on company and community policies
- Create and implement social media marketing plan and editorial calendar
- Track and analyse analytics report to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness; utilize this information to positively affect future outcomes
- Collaborate with other departments to manage company reputation, coordinate promotions, and increase reach
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points;
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or related field
- 4+ years’ experience in digital marketing and social media
- Strong familiarity with the business applications of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+.)
- Knowledge of project management and web design best practices
- Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research Skills and Attributes
- Understanding of social media metrics; able to interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness of social media campaigns
- Great interpersonal skills with Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, please apply not later than Friday, 30th October 2020 to: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment/
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
WE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE FOR THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS