Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
WFP is currently seeking to build talent pool in the position of Engineer NOB
The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The WFP Regional Bureau for Eastern and Central Africa (RBN) is based in Nairobi and provides strategic direction, technical guidance, resource mobilization and management support to WFP operations and activities in nine countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda.
To provide construction and engineering expertise and contribute to the efficient delivery and quality outputs.
Education: First University degree in Civil Engineering or related Engineering discipline. Hold or be eligible for Accreditation to Registered or registrable with Engineers Board of Kenya ( EBK) and/or institution of Engineers or Kenya (IEK).
Working Experience: 3 – 5 years’ work experience in public/private Civil Engineering or other related field.
Language: Fluency in English, both oral and written. Intermediate knowledge of other UN language would be an advantage.
1. Contribute to the implementation of WFP Policies, standards, norms and practices ensuring compliance with wider WFP policies, procedures, guidelines and operations.
2. Provide engineering and project management services, apply best practises, standards and innovative technologies that comply with WFP standards and processes.
3. Contribute towards the analysis of project proposal to enable effective decision making on project technical feasibility.
4. Prepare evidenced based recommendations for senior staff on measures to improve WFP facilities suitability to operational purpose, safety, and efficiency of structures and equipment.
5. Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting on outputs to facilitate informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
6. Provide technical guidance that support a successful construction procurement process.
7. Participate in technical or design review, exchange of knowledge and experience, keeping abreast of construction and engineering technologies, to facilitate implementation of innovative engineering solutions.
8. Support the capacity building of engineering staff to facilitate the continued development and high performance.
9. Establish and maintain partnerships with internal and external clients to effectively meet clients’ expectations.
10. Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance and monitor the management of risks.
11. Other as required.
• Has worked effectively under supervision on a large number of varied design and construction projects and taken responsibility for work elements which have been assigned.
• Has attained advanced academic qualifications relevant to engineering.
• Has contributed to projects demonstrating knowledge of engineering specialisations in relation to fire safety, seismic blast or environmental requirements.
Type of Contract:
Fixed term NOB
Nairobi Regional Bureau, Kenya
12 months- Renewable .
4th November 2020
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.