Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education.
We continue to change the lives of over 1.6 million children who today will receive Mary’s Meals.
We offer more than just a job; we offer the opportunity to support our global movement in a dynamic and inclusive environment with a real focus on personal development.
Mary’s Meals Kenya (MMK) operates a Primary School Feeding and Early Childhood Development programme in Kenya.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following post:
Security & Risk Officer – Turkana County
We are delighted to be recruiting for a talented Security & Risk Officer to join our team in Lodwar, Turkana county.
Reporting to the Country Director, the Security & Risk Officer (SRO) will be responsible for the Mary’s Meals Security and Risk Management operations.
S/he will oversee the manned Security operations, Fire safety, staff compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Vehicle and premises safety, Crisis Management Planning, incident management and security and Risk Management trainings.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Conduct regular site inspections (including MMK offices, warehouses, and school visits) and reviews of staff use of paperwork / systems to ensure that the prescribed Standard Operating Procedure is being observed and the operations are controlled as directed
- Report on issues identified through inspections / reviews to Management and follow up to ensure the issues are rectified.
- Arrange and oversee the training programmes delivered for staff by external providers (e.g. defensive driving) to ensure that Standard Operating Procedures and other safety and security requirements are adhered to.
- Provide relevant trainings to fellow members of staff to ensure that Standard Operating Procedures and other safety and security requirements are adhered to, e.g. fire safety trainings, sat phone use, or basic first aid trainings.
- Manage the Safety and Security of all Mary’s Meals assets including buildings, vehicles, communication equipment – spotting and addressing areas that can endanger MMK property if disregarded
- Monitor the equipment within vehicles and premises to ensure that it is maintained to the specified standard
- Review all SOP’s to ensure that they remain relative to the Mary’s Meals operation.
- Ensure accurate maintenance and implementation where required of the Disaster and Crisis Management Plan, including periodic scenario testing and purchase of all items required to deliver the Plan.
- Prepare security incident reports and Security Register and share with the Country Director & the MMI Risk & Assurance team within the stipulated timelines.
- Raise awareness of the need to provide incidents with staff and provide training as necessary.
- Perform site visits as necessary to investigate emerging incidents.
- Monitor all progress by staff and third parties to implement actions to improve security following incidents until completion.
- Act as the recipient and first responder of security alerts from MMK’s systems, alerting relevant staff within MMK and MMI as necessary.
- In liaison with Senior Management and the Global Security and Risk Management Advisor manage amendments and introduction of new Security and Risk
Management Policies and Procedures
- Familiarize and coordinate with local authorities and law enforcement where crises / incidents arise
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Security and Risk Management issues within his area of responsibility including external issues and raise any emerging risks with Management and MMI Risk and Assurance.
- Maintain close working relations other managers/departments in order to work as a team.
- Provide security briefing to visitors and new members of staff
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A degree/diploma in Strategic Management, Security or Risk Management, Business Administration, or a relevant subject or equivalent level of professional experience
- Experience of advising on security and risk
- Experience in incident management
- Advanced and well-developed inter-personal skills, with solid track record in persuading and influencing others
- Fluent written and spoken English and ability to communicate well across all levels
- Able to work well with people of different cultures and nationalities
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Word and Excel
- Ability to take a flexible approach to managing and prioritising a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. Should be able to work 24/7. Quick or rapid response to any organisational emergency crisis.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Familiarity with using fleet management systems
- Background or basic understanding of vehicle security.
- Team management experience, including leading, engaging and motivating a team
- Experience of developing, monitoring and reporting against agreed plans.
- Driving License
- Experience of managing logistics, specifically in areas of stock management, warehousing and fleet management
- Understanding of the principles of international development
- Understanding of the place of school feeding in relief and development.
- Experience of training and coaching
How to Apply
Applications stating expected salary and CV (including contacts for three professional referees) should be e-mailed to email@example.com indicating the position title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name. Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday, 6th November 2020 at 16:30 hours.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted via official Mary’s Meals email address by latest 20th November 2020.
Mary’s Meals never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.